Christmas tree - Real or not; what kind and how much?

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
Funny how things change as we get older, well for us anywho. Not having any kids and our parents are no longer with us Christmas has become more about getting together with friends and eating too much then gift giving for the 2 of us. I explained to a few friends that for us at our age every day is Christmas, we see it, we want it and as long as it's within our means we buy it. As we get older it's more about want then need if that makes any sense.

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 Utility Special 4WD e/w FEL & 1530 John Deere "Traveling Man"
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
Ours has been artificial for many years and recent years, the ornaments have not been removed. Just put it in a very large garbage bag and the whole thing goes into the attic until the next year. Problem this year that with the total knee replacement, I have not been able to climb the ladder to retrieve the tree. The wife bought a small potted Norfolk Pine that will have to serve this year.

Attachments

dlundblad

Equipment
G5200, L2501, ZD1211
May 16, 2009
IN
Get a real wreath, all the smell and very little of the real tree issues.

I cut off low branches and downed Cedars, spruces and pines and bring them in just to smell up the house all the time, my wife loves the smell!
That’s a good idea. I’ll see if I can pick one up today during my adventure to Orscheln Farms.

johnjk

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B3200 w/loader, Woods RC5 brush hog, 4' box blade, tooth bar, B1700 MMM,
Apr 13, 2017
West Mansfield, OH
I love the real tree but the amount of mold and dirt that comes in with it drives my allergies nuts and I end up having to go outside so no real tree for us. I tried hosing them off and spraying down with stuff that is supposed to capture the molds and dirt. No go. We usually get a live one every year 4' tall and plant it outside either late spring or early fall.

bucktail

Equipment
L1500DT, 6' king kutter back blade, boom, dirt scoop ford disk JD212
Jun 13, 2016
MN
I have a half dozen blue spruce in my back yard. Nothing in the house.