B7510 leaking injectors

Wyflyer

Equipment
B7300
Nov 6, 2015
Uvalde, tx,usa
I just bought a project B7510 tractor with loader. It's a nice tractor, only 425 hours but it runs poorly, barely makes 1000 rpm and blows a LOT of black smoke. I cleaned it up and removed the cowling and found two injectors leaking, one in the injector body and the other coming up from the injector base at the head.

I'm tempted to just try to tighten the injectors to stop the leaks, but still don't understand the black exhaust smoke.
Also temped to pull all 3 injector and rebuild or replace them.
Any advice?

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I just bought a project B7510 tractor with loader. It's a nice tractor, only 425 hours but it runs poorly, barely makes 1000 rpm and blows a LOT of black smoke. I cleaned it up and removed the cowling and found two injectors leaking, one in the injector body and the other coming up from the injector base at the head.

I'm tempted to just try to tighten the injectors to stop the leaks, but still don't understand the black exhaust smoke.
Also temped to pull all 3 injector and rebuild or replace them.
Any advice?
Buy new injector and sealing rings, someone has already gotten into them and messed them up.

Avoid Ebay, Amazon, Kumar bros, and other off brand vendors as your very likely just to end up with the same junk you have.

#1 picks for injectors are Kubota directly (via local or major online, like Coleman Equipment, or Messicks).

Or

Oregon Fuel Injection, they have excellent injectors!

Wyflyer

Equipment
B7300
Nov 6, 2015
Uvalde, tx,usa
Thanks, I ordered some injectors yesterday from local Kubota dealer along with a few other service items. Should be here Wednesday, will report back with results.