SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Re: Ill ask because I don't know...

It's good to see you're doing better.
Thank you. Considering this time last year I was flirting with a 30% chance of surviving, not doing bad. I can equate a lot of that to my dog of all things. He (Quincy) made me walk him twice a day, every day whether I felt like it or not and lots of days I felt terrible. 3/4 mile in the AM, 1/2 mile in the PM, everyday. Dogs are man's best friend, he's mine for sure.

Even the cancer doctors are amazed at how fast I recovered. Was only in the hospital 4 days after surgery, though I did have a relapse that put me back in the hospital for a week but that was due to a reaction to the chemo, not the cancer itself.

Very lucky to have survived and I thank the Lord and my medical team every day for that.

Still have a lot of things to do on my bucket list and I'm doing them as fast as I can because I have no idea how long I have left, but then, no one does.

I'm sure at 70, I've already exhausted most of my lifetime but what is left I plan on enjoying evert day to the fullest.

eserv

Equipment
BX24, A1000 Kubota Generator
May 27, 2009
Hardisty, Alberta

Thank you. Considering this time last year I was flirting with a 30% chance of surviving, not doing bad. I can equate a lot of that to my dog of all things. He (Quincy) made me walk him twice a day, every day whether I felt like it or not and lots of days I felt terrible. 3/4 mile in the AM, 1/2 mile in the PM, everyday. Dogs are man's best friend, he's mine for sure.

Even the cancer doctors are amazed at how fast I recovered. Was only in the hospital 4 days after surgery, though I did have a relapse that put me back in the hospital for a week but that was due to a reaction to the chemo, not the cancer itself.

Very lucky to have survived and I thank the Lord and my medical team every day for that.

Still have a lot of things to do on my bucket list and I'm doing them as fast as I can because I have no idea how long I have left, but then, no one does.

I'm sure at 70, I've already exhausted most of my lifetime but what is left I plan on enjoying evert day to the fullest.
Good to hear you are recovering well. It's a bugger getting old isn't it? I'm recovering this fall from surgery for prostate cancer. Doing well enough I guess but sure frustrated being tied down. Gives me more time to make comments on OTT though so not all bad!

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA

Good to hear you are recovering well. It's a bugger getting old isn't it? I'm recovering this fall from surgery for prostate cancer. Doing well enough I guess but sure frustrated being tied down. Gives me more time to make comments on OTT though so not all bad!
I keep prolonging that. I have issues but not serious yet. Besides, over the last year I've had way too many people up my butt.....:eek:

At my age it's (prostrate) optional anyway. Actually, lots of parts are optional as I found out.

When I was a kid, I thought 70 was ancient. Now that I'm 70 I guess it isn't.

In reality the cancer operation was a cake walk. The chemo on the other hand isn't. When they kill the bad, it kills the good too. Onacology is the balance between killing the bad and not killing the patient. Fine line there.

Had a fantastic 'juice' doctor. He knew just how much I could bear and he always played at that line. He'd get upset when I referred to it as rat poison but after a while he admitted it was.

Have a good evening and get well... You deserve to live and enjoy life.

beex

May 21, 2019
on my bx

watched the rat poison kill both my parents, nasty stuff.

glad it worked for you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

eserv

Equipment
May 27, 2009
Hardisty, Alberta

I keep prolonging that. I have issues but not serious yet. Besides, over the last year I've had way too many people up my butt.....:eek:

At my age it's (prostrate) optional anyway. Actually, lots of parts are optional as I found out.

When I was a kid, I thought 70 was ancient. Now that I'm 70 I guess it isn't.

In reality the cancer operation was a cake walk. The chemo on the other hand isn't. When they kill the bad, it kills the good too. Onacology is the balance between killing the bad and not killing the patient. Fine line there.

Had a fantastic 'juice' doctor. He knew just how much I could bear and he always played at that line. He'd get upset when I referred to it as rat poison but after a while he admitted it was.

Have a good evening and get well... You deserve to live and enjoy life.
Well, is no sex ever again and pissing yourself all the time is a cake-walk I guess I should be happy! At least that pesky cancer is likely gone. Unfortunately there is no guarantee of that either!

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA

Well, is no sex ever again and pissing yourself all the time is a cake-walk I guess I should be happy! At least that pesky cancer is likely gone. Unfortunately there is no guarantee of that either!
Fair statement. Far as sex goes, at my age at least it's not vitally important and I guess pissing yourself is better than the alternative, wearing a bag all the time. I know 2 guys who do and that isn't pleasant either.

I've pissed my drawers before and probably again. I know on the stuff I'm taking, if you have to go, it's now, not later. Stopped on the road many times and took a leak. Better than wetting the seat and my pants too.

Did the Number 2 as well. Chemo gives you the long time Hershey squirts. If I wasn't wetting my drawers I was putting a runny loaf in them.

If you decide to go the 'depends' route, don't bother. Depends aren't worth a 'shitte'. Get the Walmart store brand. Much better, way more absorbent and much cheaper too.

I know from first hand experience.

I consider myself very lucky to be alive today. I'm content with that.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA

You'd be amazed how many people have had cancer and survived and how many didn't. I'm a survivor and it changed my life in many ways, not all good either (physically), but mentally, I have a different attitude about life in general now.

Not really a thread for this discussion. Started the thread looking for LED lights for my M9's and with Wolfman's suggestion, ordered a set, kind of like your suggestion about the seat...:), which, btw is a great seat at a fantastic price.

When they show up, we will post again, hopefully, plug and play... hopefully.

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas

Cancer and cataracts... if you live your life and dont get them... you died too soon.
And guys, let me speak from first-hand experience: If you get prostate cancer and decide to remove it, then do it via the robotic (laparoscopic) procedure and with a doctor very experienced in that procedure.
Three weeks later full control of the bladder, no more catheter or diapers, and 3 months later playing with Momma again is a great way to celebrate the advances made in modern medicine... Speaking from personal experience. :)

Last edited:

eserv

Equipment
May 27, 2009
Hardisty, Alberta

Cancer and cataracts... if you live your life and dont get them... you died too soon.
And guys, let me speak from first-hand experience: If you get prostate cancer and decide to remove it, then do it via the robotic (laparoscopic) procedure and with a doctor very experienced in that procedure.
Three weeks later full control of the bladder, no more catheter or diapers, and 3 months later playing with Momma again is a great way to celebrate the advances made in modern medicine... Speaking from personal experience. :)
Everyone is an individual when it comes to Cancer. I envy your experience! 4 months post surgery and still wearing diapers plus absolutely no action down there. Many days I regret even having the surgery!

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas

;)
Everyone is an individual when it comes to Cancer. I envy your experience! 4 months post surgery and still wearing diapers plus absolutely no action down there. Many days I regret even having the surgery!
That was also my brothers experience. He had his prostatectomy the old-fashioned way (split from navel to crotch) and 10 years later still needs diapers and no sex life and he is very disappointed. He was 63 when he had the surgery and now 74.
My own experience, I was 70+ and had the robotic surgery last April. The cancer was possibly not contained (detected in the margins but not in the lymph nodes or vesicles) so I underwent 7 weeks of daily radiation) and the PSA is undetectable. The prognosis is expected to remain that way.
I was told to expect urinary control but issues with sexual function (mostly due to radiation which damages tissue and may cause scarring.) But Im having excellent results and glad I did both the robotic surgery and the radiation. (Big positive review for Urology Austin, Drs. Bischoff and Garza.)

Let me add that if your surgery saves your life that is a fantastic blessing.

Last edited:

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID

Sidecarflip, while this is your LED bulb post you brought up an important point! and yes we will return to dealing with your LED's when they arrive.

I feel deeply for anyone that has, or has had or is dealing with the after effects of any cancer!
That's a tough all the way all around.

Both my Step father and Father in law got diagnosed with Prostate cancer within weeks of each other, one took care of it immediately and one chose to wait for an opening so Vetrans Administration could pay for it, 2 and half years later, both had robotic surgery.
Both had great private insurance, both had the money to get it done now, it was just one being thick headed about it.

My FIL jumped at getting it done that same week, was out of surgery, took one pain pill, and then was up and at em and week later, good to go he said. I don't know if he has any lingering after issues, and being my FIL not going to ask, but I don't ever hear any complaints either.

Now my SF waited, had the surgery, was hospitalized for a week, was on pain meds for a year, had to have some part of the surgery redone a year later, had a pump put in 6 months later so he could "do it" had huge issues with that, has now become addicted to drugs and has every issue one can have with this problem and may more.

All I can take from this is don't wait!
If your 40+ or have done any cancer risk jobs (worked with radiation, metals, and or chemicals, have it checked even often!
OH that check up is fun! :eek: but needed! ;)

Note: For those in the after surgery point, I have heard that it can take up to a year to regain functions so don't give up hope, and there are exercises like kegels to help regain function, look into it. :)

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA

watched the rat poison kill both my parents, nasty stuff.

glad it worked for you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
That has everything to do with the hands on competency of the administering doctor and ongoing tests. When I was on chemo, I was constantly monitored. I wore a Fit Bit that was tied to the hospital cancer staff and the University of Michigan so they could monitor me 24-7. Still wear it btw. I like to because it tells me my bodily functions and how much cardio I do, very handy.

Even today, I'm being tested every 30 days (blood analysis when I get my port flush and ongoing CT's, MRI's and 6 month colonoscopies to make sure everything is as it should be.

Not everyone makes it and not everyone gets completely off drugs of chemo, I personally know one fellow who has been on infusions for 15 years how because his cancer is inoperable, all they can do is maintain his life in the state he is in and he accepts that, rides his Harley and enjoys the time he has left.

I do a little mentoring of cancer victims, just a little. Good for them to talk, to discuss their fears and anxieties and have someone to listen that has walked the road like I have.

I'm damn lucky to be alive and believe me, I know it and thank the Lord and my doctors everyday.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA

Sidecarflip, while this is your LED bulb post you brought up an important point! and yes we will return to dealing with your LED's when they arrive.

I feel deeply for anyone that has, or has had or is dealing with the after effects of any cancer!
That's a tough all the way all around.

Both my Step father and Father in law got diagnosed with Prostate cancer within weeks of each other, one took care of it immediately and one chose to wait for an opening so Vetrans Administration could pay for it, 2 and half years later, both had robotic surgery.
Both had great private insurance, both had the money to get it done now, it was just one being thick headed about it.

My FIL jumped at getting it done that same week, was out of surgery, took one pain pill, and then was up and at em and week later, good to go he said. I don't know if he has any lingering after issues, and being my FIL not going to ask, but I don't ever hear any complaints either.

Now my SF waited, had the surgery, was hospitalized for a week, was on pain meds for a year, had to have some part of the surgery redone a year later, had a pump put in 6 months later so he could "do it" had huge issues with that, has now become addicted to drugs and has every issue one can have with this problem and may more.

All I can take from this is don't wait!
If your 40+ or have done any cancer risk jobs (worked with radiation, metals, and or chemicals, have it checked even often!
OH that check up is fun! :eek: but needed! ;)

Note: For those in the after surgery point, I have heard that it can take up to a year to regain functions so don't give up hope, and there are exercises like kegels to help regain function, look into it. :)
Maybe you should change the thread thread title to something more appropriate....

I suspect I'll have a wait for the bulbs, said January 8-24th. I can star a new thread when they come in and yes, I have 3 wires going to each socket on both tractors.

I maintain that anyone over the age of 50, male or female should submit to a colonoscopy. it isn't bad. The prep isn't pleasant (crap your guts out)...:D, but the procedure is nothing, besides you are asleep. 15 minutes of fame to find out. Little price to pay for knowing (colon cancer) and a simple CEA blood test will determine if you have active cancer fighting antibodies in your blood, a sure sign there is cancer elsewhere and further testing is needed, like a PET scan which pinpoints all the cancer in your entire body all at one time.

2 days after Christmas, my wife gets her's. First one. She insisted she didn't need one. I insisted she did, I won. Well I didn't win, my 'butt doctor' who happens to be a very pretty 40 'ish female doctor insisted she has one amd she's doing it personally...lol

Am I cured? Not really. It's always there. It's in all of us. Something sets it off. Once they discover what the something is, cancer will no longer be the number 1 killer of humans. I support that 100%.

I'm still having issues that are cancer related and chemo related like my eyes. My left eye has developed a cataract which will be addressed January 8th. I've lost dexterity in my fingers and I still have numbness in them and other stuff too, but I can work around those things because it's wonderful to just be alive and functioning.

Got to walk the road and it's a very profound experience. It changed my whole outlook on life in general. No longer do I 'think' it cannot happen to me. It did but I survived. Many people don't. For that alone I feel blessed by God.

Never thought I'd be able to hunt again, something I enjoy a lot. Something I do every year. I thought I was done, I wasn't. Got this 10 point Mule Deer in Nebraska a month ago....

Life goes on for me, you and everyone else but at the same time, being proactive about issues like cancer can extend your lifespan. Everyone dies at some point but I prefer it being later than sooner.

Attachments

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA

;)

That was also my brothers experience. He had his prostatectomy the old-fashioned way (split from navel to crotch) and 10 years later still needs diapers and no sex life and he is very disappointed. He was 63 when he had the surgery and now 74.
My own experience, I was 70+ and had the robotic surgery last April. The cancer was possibly not contained (detected in the margins but not in the lymph nodes or vesicles) so I underwent 7 weeks of daily radiation) and the PSA is undetectable. The prognosis is expected to remain that way.
I was told to expect urinary control but issues with sexual function (mostly due to radiation which damages tissue and may cause scarring.) But Im having excellent results and glad I did both the robotic surgery and the radiation. (Big positive review for Urology Austin, Drs. Bischoff and Garza.)

Let me add that if your surgery saves your life that is a fantastic blessing.
Exactly. Why I take artificial testosterone and flo max. Mine is enlarged but no cancer....yet. I say yet because one never knows.

Far as sex life goes, at my age, sex is optional, just ask my wife, she will agree 100%. I can and am a dirty old man however.m Young gals get a kick out of it and so do I actually.

Just had a young lass buy some rounds from me I had in the barn (I keep 30 or so in the barn up here 'just in case' and for my cattle and I always have some left in the spring so I sold her a few and man did she smell good and look good too and paid me in cash. Hope she didn't catch me leering at her....lol

Being old don't make me harmless...... It does however, make me cautious.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA

Never have a moment of regret. The alternative isn't worth pursuing. Seen that close up and personal. You don't want to go there.... ever.

Everyone has a different end result but being alive is still a good result none the less.

eserv

Equipment
May 27, 2009
Hardisty, Alberta

Never have a moment of regret. The alternative isn't worth pursuing. Seen that close up and personal. You don't want to go there.... ever.

Everyone has a different end result but being alive is still a good result none the less.
It is simply that there were a few other options I could have chosen but getting the damn cancer out of me overwhelmed rational thought! I didn't think the "side effects" would be as depressing for me as they are! 19 years ago I watched helplessly while my wife of 25 years fought courageously but inevitably slowly succumbed to ovarian cancer. I KNOW cancer up and personal! My father also died from prostate cancer though he too fought it vigorously! Excuse my pessimism today but I'm not sure that fighting is always the best option. I'll likely feel better about it tomorrow!

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
My father has prostate cancer. The doctor did all the testing, results came back that right now, no treatment, that old age will kill him long before the cancer. He gets check up every 6 months and for two years things have actually improved and we continue to pray each time that things keep improving. He is feeling good and more active now than he has been in the past. We spend just about every weekend together at the farm working on various project and having fun.

Glad your treatment has worked for you.

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
Well guys, timely and informative post for me. I head back in for a targeted biopsy in a few weeks due to results of MRI indicating a small lesion in my prostate. I've sort of come to the conclusion that I will be facing this decision for myself soon enough.

My dr is quite young, but from what I hear is capable in advanced procedures (like robotic assisted)...but not sure if I can really trust him due to his age. I'm not quite 54 (and I have a hottie wife), so that surgery and the potential pitfalls are quite scary to me.

I've also had hernia surgery a few years back (double -bi-laterals) so I don't know if that presents a problem for robotic assisted laproscopy.

Anyway, I may bounce a few questions off you guys about your surgery if you don't mind?

oh, my FIL passed a year and a half ago...started as prostate cancer and metastasized something fierce. My wife wants this treated asap.

Last edited: