Tire chains

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Well snows here, and I filled the tiers with anti freeze, so another 70 pounds per wheel has got to help. Now the grand babys wanted to go for a sled ride, I built a really crude on a couple of years ago and pulled it with the Cub,, didnt work well with the Cub,anyway the BX 2360 worked great and we draged it all over the place,,,,, HOWEVER,,, once I got down over the hill in to lots of loose unpacked snow I had 4 wheels turning with out to much traction,,,, SO I figured its time for a set of chains,, who, what ,where, how much,you know all that stuff,,, I have a couple of old trie chains off the old jeep and pick ups,,but I thought maybe this time around I would do something the easy way....not really my style but hey Im gettin old,,,lol

todddrummey

Equipment
B6000
May 21, 2009
falmouth, ma
Hi Skeets,

What type of tires do you have? If you have ag tires, you need the more expensive chains which will keep the crossover chains on top of the tire lugs. I bought some basic chains for my B6000 and the crossovers just settle down in between the lugs. Totally useless.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Yep Im running the aggie tires as well and i never thought about them slipping between the bars,,like you said useless,, I tryed the truck chains,, but they aint wide enough sooooooooo off the the chin store,,lol,, thanks much guys

brokersdad

Equipment
2001 Kubota L3010 w FEL
Oct 24, 2009
Canada
Just put a new set of Norse ice chains on last night...all I can say it what a difference :D