Hydraulic Qump Question

FatLuckFarmer

Equipment
L345DT
Jan 14, 2019
Accord , NY, USA
Does anyone know the displacement and or flow rate for the rear PTO hydraulic pump that would be used for an L4510 Backhoe (or equivalent)? I have an L345DT with this backhoe and am planning out an overhaul of much of the hydraulic system. It may be more practical to replace the pump rather than try to rebuild it, but I cant find the specs on the pump. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Last edited:

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
Do you have a pump driven externally from the pto shaft?

If not then I think the only hydraulic pump(s) is a tandem one driven off the engine. Part of the tandem pump is for the power steering and the other part for the rear of the tractor. It looks like two pumps stacked together.

From a quick look on Messicks, one part of the pump is $900 and the other $1,400

Dave

FatLuckFarmer

Equipment
L345DT
Jan 14, 2019
Accord , NY, USA
Do you have a pump driven externally from the pto shaft?

If not then I think the only hydraulic pump(s) is a tandem one driven off the engine. Part of the tandem pump is for the power steering and the other part for the rear of the tractor. It looks like two pumps stacked together.

From a quick look on Messicks, one part of the pump is $900 and the other $1,400

Dave
My pump is driven/hangs off the rear PTO.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
My pump is driven/hangs off the rear PTO.
You can get new hydraulic pumps off places like ebay for very reasonable prices.

If you can't find a label on the old pump to find out the GPM, you can figure it out by the size of the in and out ports of the pump, most BH pumps are 25GPM If I remember correctly.