How much grease for loader?

TiftTyson

Equipment
2018 L2501 HST, LA 525 Loader, Landpride Rotary Cutter, Box Blades;Bush Hog Til
Mar 24, 2018
ATHENS, GA
So I really use the loader and I do a good job of making sure it is greased for about every 10 hr of use. I usually put 2-3 pumps of grease per zerk. It depends on whether I hear it pop or come out the side of the bushing. I do notice I have fair amount of grease that works it way out and gets coated with dust. I have been cleaning that build up with WD40. Am I overdoing the grease?

Tractor is a L 2501 with a LA 525 loader.

rjcorazza

Equipment
L4060 HSTC Loader, ZD326, ZD1211
Mar 9, 2016
Hyattstown, MD
Everyone has their own routine. I grease the loader very similar to what you describe. Pump until I see clean grease pushing out.
As far as cleaning, I don't use WD-40 or any type of cleaner after greasing, I just run my finger around the pin to get the excess off.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

mikester

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca
You should see free flowing new grease in the joint. Gives you nice blobs on the ground. I dont think adding a solvent around your grease joints is beneficial. Old rags to remove excess and old grease work best.

Shadetree03

Equipment
L2501, King Kutter, Landscape Rake, Titan 3pt forks
Sep 20, 2017
Pueblo, CO
Like Mikester mentions , some old rags/paper towels to wipe off the globs and an old bucket nearby helps keep it a little neater. I also use the 2-3 pumps per pin on the 525 loader. Older clothes and overalls help when I know Im lubing or changing out implements a lot.. I also am liberal with the oilcan on the hitch pins on implements and the three pt hitch. The upside is everything slides and hooks up well... the downside is I have several stained work shirts/overalls

Tornado

May 7, 2019
usa
The owners manual on most of the kubota loaders ive seen, and on mine as well, simply states to pump grease until it visibly overflows. Ive been being liberal with my loader. No two "10 hour usage" period is the same. Sometimes I use the loader a ton, sometimes I am not using it at all. If I am using it a lot I will add a little extra grease inside of the 10 hour recommendation. The loader is one area I think you really cant over lube it. You will just create more of a mess if you overdo it, but I see where no damage or harm could be done.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
I use disposable shop towels myself and about once a year pressure wash the loader frame. Old grease tends to collect junk.

jjgag60

Apr 17, 2019
washington, state
Do you "all" find yourself greasing your tractors at a certain place on your property to try to manage the grease falling on the ground and tracking into the house. I am trying to figure out how to manage where to grease and oil everything. It would be nice to do it in front of the shop, where the grease gun is located but that means it is easier to accidently get it on the shoes and track it in the house. What do you do? Do you have a designated area

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
Do you "all" find yourself greasing your tractors at a certain place on your property to try to manage the grease falling on the ground and tracking into the house. I am trying to figure out how to manage where to grease and oil everything. It would be nice to do it in front of the shop, where the grease gun is located but that means it is easier to accidently get it on the shoes and track it in the house. What do you do? Do you have a designated area
I grease mine out where the shed is that the grease gun is. And my son is the one that has to pull the trigger on the cordless grease gun. And if I make it past the mud room with my shoes on then I got 2 little ones saying daddy no shoes in the house!

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas

Maybe you can just get paper shoe covers to use when greasing and cleaning up the area. Take the covers off before you get to the house.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mikester

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca
I store and grease my tractor in the barn. I can easily find and scrape the blobs off the concrete that way. If you grease at the end of the day the blobs have time to fall off onto more predictable spots.

Creature Meadow

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 L4600, Disk, Brush Hog, GB60 Garden Bedder, GSS72 Grading Scraper
Sep 19, 2016
Central North Carolina
Katie Kubota lives under a shelter off the side of the barn. It has a dirt floor and that is where I service her at as well.

I use paper towels to wipe up my mess, rarely have any get on the floor, my pants a different story.

I like to clean around each zerk after greasing and I install a yellow end cap on the zerk. Easy to see where they are and keeps grit off so next greasing I do not have to wipe each zerk before greasing it. No grit is pushed into the zerk.

My system not for everyone but works for me.

rjcorazza

Equipment
L4060 HSTC Loader, ZD326, ZD1211
Mar 9, 2016
Hyattstown, MD
I have read other operators using the zirc caps. I really want to try them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Muzzy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650HSDC
Feb 13, 2019
WNY
Do Not think you can over grease, clean flow of grease, every 10hrs, wipe down excess, works for me..