Inherited grampas L245DT... get used to seeing me here

special t

Equipment
Pick up trucks of various makes vactor pipe cleaning truck, finn t75 hydroseeder
Aug 7, 2019
Scranton PA
My uncle dropped off grampas 70 somethin tractor with no steering. I looked up a service manual and found that the operator manual was much more useful. The only accurate wire diagram out of the hundreds I looked at.(a printed copy in my equipment owned file now) While taking off dashboard fuel tanks a few wires literally crumbled apart. At this point I feel like my best option would be to replace EVERY wire with what is shown in book. That way I'm not chasing problems that may make me decide to scrap/sell it. Sentimental value is definitely there though and it would definitely help with our company and maintaining my own property.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Welcome and yes this is the place to come, just remember ask questions and you will get an answer and maybe some smart arsed comments but its all in fun, most times.
Pictures are a big help when asking for help too.

shootem604

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L245DT with Kubota (Arps Model 22) FEL and Kubota B/L4520B (Woods 650) BH
Apr 23, 2018
British Columbia
There's a few of us with L245 tractors. I have two right now. The wiring on them is quite simple, and I've had to rewire one. It's a great reliable little tractor model, very handy. Does yours have an FEL or other attachments?

special t

Equipment
Pick up trucks of various makes vactor pipe cleaning truck, finn t75 hydroseeder
Aug 7, 2019
Scranton PA
Thanks for the response. Kinda hectic for us this time of year. Had to finish up a project on our hydroseeder today didn't have time for tractor. I'll definitely have a pic or 3 posted in the next few days. Apologies in advance but f.e.l.? It has a pretty heavy duty mower deck and is equipped with the 3 point hitch. I was given a bobcat brand detachable excavator unit. It would be the worth its weight in gold for me to have that for gas line replacement between houses and such. Excavator attachment came to after (we called him pappy) pappy died and before my family dropped it off to me. I actually just had that lightbulb while typing this response ***55358;***56596;

Last edited:

special t

Equipment
Aug 7, 2019
Scranton PA
Just so were clear I may as well start on the total wiring replacement? I kinda planned on it but definitely not without proper info. But I have that now. Pretty stoked right now too because my youngest brother, 12, was suckered into helping me today. Gave him the briefing on the way there he kept rite up with me all day and told him our next project is the tractor. Right now hes looking at his own copy of the book. There is hope for the future.

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
You may be able to buy a new harness from the dealer. I did for my L185. It may be a front half and rear half.

There is also a member (Lance aka 007kubotaguy on forum that has many used parts for that tractor.

There is an online parts list that is helpful at Kubota.com

If you need any help with that just ask the 12 year old, I’m sure he will figure it out quickly. Or ask here/search here and we can provide several steps.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
FEL = front end loader. I presume the excavator you mention is a backhoe that attaches to the rear of the tractor, or is that perhaps a front end loader, or perhaps a separate standalone machine?

I'm assuming that tractor doesn't have a lot of wiring in it anyway, so replacing it all sounds like a reasonable approach, but it depends a bit how much work we're talking about, and whether it currently runs and may stop running when you replace all the wiring.