Acquired grampas '70 somethin L245DT

special t

Equipment
Pick up trucks of various makes vactor pipe cleaning truck, finn t75 hydroseeder
Aug 7, 2019
Scranton PA
We called him pappy and miss him a lot. Pretty sure he bought it brand new and it still runs but I'm trying to restore it to at least original operating conditions. Maybe when I have the time and $ I could make it look new as well. Current issues include mystery wires and how to know if electrical components are correctly working. On the bright side it cranked when I tried to start it so there is hope***128512;

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
There are very few electrical parts on it, just the starter, alternator, dash lights and gauges and the headlights/tail lights.

The tractor will run with the key turned off, after it starts.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

special t

Equipment
Pick up trucks of various makes vactor pipe cleaning truck, finn t75 hydroseeder
Aug 7, 2019
Scranton PA
Am I safe to assume the 3 wire bundles zip tied under engine and to back of roll cage are for the lights? Also the operator manual I found online has 2 wire diagrams but I'm not seeing any differences. Thankfully theres only about 50 individual wires that should be there from the factory compared to the modern stuff I'm used to with a thousand or more. Definitely appreciate your response though. Thanks...
It was dropped off to me after my cousin tried to add after market lights then couldn't figure out some of the wires were literally disintegrating.

Last edited: