Fel losing lifting power

Jerry70

Equipment
B2320
May 17, 2019
Gatesville Texas
Hello everyone,
I own my b6200hst for a few months now and run into a little problem. The Fel is losing its lifting ability. Started after replacing all the Lines leading from the control box to the Fel. I had a Line blow out on me and decide that all the lines needed replacing, No telling how old they were. Shortly there after the Fel started losing its lifting ability over the week. It will pick the bucket up slowly. If there any weight in the bucket it hardly moves. I can sometimes get it to lift, if I put the control lever back at center and try lifting again. Im wondering if there air in the lines, was told it should self bleed the air out? All fluid levels are good, filter's were all changed prior to this happening. Or do I have a bad control valve? and how to go about checking them out.
Thanks for listening.

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
In view of the fact that you changed lines, it is likely you have two in the wrong place.

Are there 6 or 7 lines on your loader valve?

Can you see identification marked on the valve body. Letters like P or T

Daave

torch

Equipment
B7100HSD, B2789, B2550, B4672, 48" cultivator, homemade FEL and Cab
Jun 10, 2016
Muskoka, Ont.
Did you use teflon tape on the connections? Could be a bit of tape got into the line.

bxray

Equipment
Bx25d
Dec 1, 2014
Cleveland, ohio
Does the curl work?
If so try swapping lines.
If the problem moves it is in the valve, if not it is in the lift.

Another would be a quick disconnect problem.
Might not be in all the way or clogged.

Ray

tthorkil

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M9540HDC12 / LX2610HSDC / ZD1011-48 / Bobcat S250
Jan 1, 2011
Bagley, MN, United States
If you have not already done so, I would suggest operating both the curl and lift cylinders through their full range with no load a few times to help push the air out of the cylinders.
I imagine that air could find its way around the internal cylinder seals. I have no hydraulic experience but that seems like a good place to start -
I have replaced a couple of hydraulic hoses on my FEL and that is what I found to work.

Jerry70

Equipment
B2320
May 17, 2019
Gatesville Texas
hmmm,
I didn't use Teflon tape on the fittings, heard bad thing about it with hydraulic fluid. The Fel worked fine after replacing the lines from the control box to it, there are only 4 lines coming out of the control box to the Fel. It worked fine, but started losing lifting power over a week's worth of use. The Bucket curl's just fine, no problem there. I will try and move the lines around and see if the problem moves from the lifting to the bucket. My control Box doesn't have any identification marks on the quick connections so I marked them before replacing with a punch. So I know there in the right order and connected right. Fel would have been working in the wrong order to the way I moved the control lever.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Everyone is hitting on points:

Type of thread sealant used, if any?
Any Quick disconnects involved?
How many lines did you change?
Is it a stock Kubota FEL and Valve?
Did it work perfectly before it blew a hose?
If it effecting roll and lift or just lift?

Jerry70

Equipment
B2320
May 17, 2019
Gatesville Texas
Everyone is hitting on points:

Type of thread sealant used, if any?
Any Quick disconnects involved?
How many lines did you change?
Is it a stock Kubota FEL and Valve?
Did it work perfectly before it blew a hose?
If it effecting roll and lift or just lift?
Didn't use any type of sealant, no leaks, Only replaced the 4 lines going to the Fel from control lever box, the 3 coming from tractor haven't been replaced yet, so I guess there a total of 7 lines. Only the ones going to fel replaced, worked fine and then start slowly over a period of a week losing lift. Its a Smc 64Q loader, made for Kubota. Someone said it too big for the tractor but its what came on it and worked great. Before the line blew on the Fel it was working great, had lift. The curling of the bucket seems not to be a problem.
There are 4 quick disconnects on the 4 lines I replaced, didn't replace the connector's, they seemed to be fine. No dirt just a little surface rust on the outside of them.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Didn't use any type of sealant, no leaks, Only replaced the 4 lines going to the Fel from control lever box, the 3 coming from tractor haven't been replaced yet, so I guess there a total of 7 lines. Only the ones going to fel replaced, worked fine and then start slowly over a period of a week losing lift. Its a Smc 64Q loader, made for Kubota. Someone said it too big for the tractor but its what came on it and worked great. Before the line blew on the Fel it was working great, had lift. The curling of the bucket seems not to be a problem.
There are 4 quick disconnects on the 4 lines I replaced, didn't replace the connector's, they seemed to be fine. No dirt just a little surface rust on the outside of them.
Pull the Quick disconnects on the line side and clean the inside of the line side of them with brake parts cleaner, I'll bet that's where it's clogged.
I've seen guys use a cut off wheel to make hoses and the debri will clog up a quick disconnect, well, quick!

Pau7220

Equipment
L3650 GST, Landpride TL250 FEL w/ Piranha, 6' King Kutter, GM1084R Finish
Aug 1, 2017
Scranton, PA
I've seen guys use a cut off wheel to make hoses and the debri will clog up a quick disconnect, well, quick!
I have 2 local shops that make hoses, both use cut off wheels. Since I've witnessed that, all my new hoses (even pre-packaged snow plow hoses) get brakleen then blown out before install. I always get crud out.

Jerry70

Equipment
B2320
May 17, 2019
Gatesville Texas
Wondering if there a safe way to force anything out of the lift cylinder's. Raising the fel to max height and undo one line on one cylinder and then lowering. Forcing out any junk in the cylinder? Rinse and repeat for the other lift cylinder. Also flush the connected line out at the same time? Not worried about fluid lose or air. Anyone got a suggest on if it might work or a better way?

Dave Pierson

Equipment
Kubota L245DT
Oct 23, 2020
Jacksonville, FL
Hello everyone,
I own my b6200hst for a few months now and run into a little problem. The Fel is losing its lifting ability. Started after replacing all the Lines leading from the control box to the Fel. I had a Line blow out on me and decide that all the lines needed replacing, No telling how old they were. Shortly there after the Fel started losing its lifting ability over the week. It will pick the bucket up slowly. If there any weight in the bucket it hardly moves. I can sometimes get it to lift, if I put the control lever back at center and try lifting again. Im wondering if there air in the lines, was told it should self bleed the air out? All fluid levels are good, filter's were all changed prior to this happening. Or do I have a bad control valve? and how to go about checking them out.
Thanks for listening.
My FEL is doing exactly the same thing. Did you ever get yours working propery?

Captain13

Equipment
M7040 4WD ROPS, ZD28, Woods (84” box blade, 72” harrow, 48” pallet forks)
Feb 27, 2019
Kathleen, GA
I wouldn’t remove any lines with the system under pressure to flush. North Idaho Owl man’ sad ice is what we do around here, brake cleaner through the line to remove the gunk. I have a suction system called a Green Sucker that I use to suction lines and gunk out, if needed. If you have only cycled the FEL through a few times to remove any air, I have found that if I do a cycle and then let the tractor sit for several minutes, the aerated fluid will release the air bubbles. If you continually cycle without a rest period you may be cycling aerated fluid before it has a chance to release the air Thus keeping air trapped in the system.