Bx2380 mid mount mower/3pt hitch

jmswn

Equipment
bx2380
Oct 25, 2018
Kingsville
I’m a new member with a question about why does the 3pt hitch raise and lower with my mid mount mower? Do I put the 3pt hitch in position (pulling a cyclone rake). This is on a BX2380. Not sure how to keep 3pt hitch from raising/lowering every time I raise and lower the mowing deck.

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
I’m a new member with a question about why does the 3pt hitch raise and lower with my mid mount mower? Do I put the 3pt hitch in position (pulling a cyclone rake). This is on a BX2380. Not sure how to keep 3pt hitch from raising/lowering every time I raise and lower the mowing deck.
It is linkage attached to the three point hitch that raises the MMM.

No way to raise the MMM without raising the hitch.

SDT

Bmbbm

Equipment
Bx2370 land pride box blade 60"mmm kubota fel
May 29, 2016
Chillicothe mo
That's just the way it works. If your using your 3 point and the mower interferes raise it to the top position.

JackJ

Equipment
BX1870-1
Mar 14, 2016
Indiana
Yeah, just the way it works, and generally not an issue, but a problem when mowing and towing a cyclone rake.

When I got my CR last year, I was glad to see the two attachment points matched up well with holes on my 3 Point trailer hitch. But in mowing my property, there are more than a spots where I need to raise the mmm deck to clear stumps, loose gravel, etc., and doing so puts strain on the hose that connects to the blower. It still worked, but I got uncomfortable enough with it that I purchased a hitch from CR that plugs into a 2" receiver, plus a corresponding receiver from Bxpanded that pins on to rear of the tractor AND an offset hitch to get the height right. Whew. It works great now, though it's a long beast.

Not saying my solution was the best for getting a Cyclone Rake on a BX, but I'm happy with it. If you're interested I can try to take a picture the next time I've got it put it together.

jmswn

Equipment
bx2380
Oct 25, 2018
Kingsville
Thanks guys for the quick response. It’s hooked up and I’ll mow this weekend. The CR will be raised when the mower deck is raised (to dump clippings) but I believe I can live with that. When mowing with the deck down the CR rides about even. We’ll see how it goes Saturday. I really appreciate your insights!

jmswn

Equipment
bx2380
Oct 25, 2018
Kingsville
Thanks JackJ for helping clear that up for me. I’d like to see some pics of your setup if and when possible. I may have some hose adjustments to make! Cheers!

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
I can’t speak for Jack, but it sounds like he has something like mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

atitus

Equipment
BX1880+FEL,MMM,Blower
Feb 11, 2019
Worcester, MA
Thanks guys for the quick response. It’s hooked up and I’ll mow this weekend. The CR will be raised when the mower deck is raised (to dump clippings) but I believe I can live with that. When mowing with the deck down the CR rides about even. We’ll see how it goes Saturday. I really appreciate your insights!
There is another option. I have the kubota grass catcher, which attaches via the 3 point. It comes with FIXED mounting brackets that attach to the tractor frame. You swap the linkages from the lift arms to these fixed mounting brackets instead, and problem will be solved. This is the best solution IF you need to attach an actual 3 point implement. If you are just towing, then you are better off doing it with a true receiver hitch like in the picture shown below.

Let me know if you are interested I can open my owner's manual tonight and probably get you the part numbers for the fixed brackets.