Which way does the hydraulic pump go on my L175?

vcrick

May 29, 2016
San Diego, CA
Okay, so the first thing my dad taught me when disassembling anything is to mark the pieces you disassemble so you can put it back together the same way. Failed that test..
I split the case on my L175 to fix a rusted clutch. I realized during assembly that the hydraulic pump can be installed right side up or upside down.
So, which way does it go? Does the side labeled inlet face up or down?
The repair manual I bought doesn't tell me, so I appreciate any assistance I can get.
Thanks, Rick.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
The line on the top should be a large line, that is the suction line.
The line on the bottom should be a small line, that is the high pressure line.

clark_bailey

Equipment
Kubota L3710, L3600 and Bobcat T190
Mar 19, 2010
West Alabama

not sure if yours looks like one of mine but i took about 20 pics of the engine accessories before i tore mine down the other night. maybe mine is similar enough looking to help you out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
vcrick, yes the inlet (suction) is on top.

clark_bailey, On that tractor (much newer then the L175) the suction is on the rear, and has several high pressure outputs on the top, bottom, sides. ;)

vcrick

May 29, 2016
San Diego, CA
Thanks Clark, and Wolfman. You're right Clark, mine is a little older than yours. I'm going to take your advice and install the pump with the side labeled INLET facing up and attached to the large (suction) pipe.

First time I've owned a tractor and the first time I tried to fix it. So far, been pretty easy to work on, but I'm sure I'll run into other issues. Sure glad I found this forum.

Thanks, VCRick -

Attachments