2014 Kubota M6060 PTO Issues

jcobb40

Aug 4, 2019
Loudon, TN
My cousin has a 2014 M7060 Cab Tractor, last Sunday while baling hay, he plugged the pickup on the baler, shut the PTO off unplugged the baler and when he attempted the engage the PTO it wouldn’t turn on. The RPM gauge for the PTO shows rpms but the PTO on the rear of the tractor stays locked. We replaced the switch with one from another tractor and did not help. The tractor did not bog or anything when the pickup plugged, this is really confusing. I’m a green tractor guy so I know nothing about the Kubota.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
Check the obvious. There is a fuse for the pto on cabin models.

If it has a two speed pto, make certain it is in one position or the other.

Dave

ps. Although it makes no difference, you state in one place it is a M7060 and in another a M6060

Attachments

ffmikey214

Equipment
M7060, NH5060
Aug 8, 2019
Durango, CO
:( Just had this happen on my 2016 M7060... Was using a NH1033 bale wagon, brought in a load to place in stack but had to wait for a re-gen to finish. Tried to engage the PTO with no success. Tractor thinks it's in gear, shows RPM on dash but no turning at shaft. All fuses good and disconnected battery in case it was a CPU issue. Called dealer and they stated my Powertrain/Drivetrain warranty would not cover it (3 weeks until it expires). Tech stated might be clutch pack or failure of the internal PTO hydraulic pump. I too am looking for ideas as to issue. Mike

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
:( Just had this happen on my 2016 M7060... Was using a NH1033 bale wagon, brought in a load to place in stack but had to wait for a re-gen to finish. Tried to engage the PTO with no success. Tractor thinks it's in gear, shows RPM on dash but no turning at shaft. All fuses good and disconnected battery in case it was a CPU issue. Called dealer and they stated my Powertrain/Drivetrain warranty would not cover it (3 weeks until it expires). Tech stated might be clutch pack or failure of the internal PTO hydraulic pump. I too am looking for ideas as to issue. Mike
Under the seat area there is a vertical panel secured with two bolts. In the area where your right heel would hit it if sitting in the seat.

Unbolt that panel and you will find a collection of relays. #6 is for the pto.

See if you can feel any click as you try and engage the pto. Swap the pto relay with another identical one to see if that fixes it.

If the relay is not firing, then at least it is likely your problem is external and not inside the transmission.

There appears to be some options as far as pto speeds and econo mode so further describing your tractor would help.

Dave

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
: Called dealer and they stated my Powertrain/Drivetrain warranty would not cover it (3 weeks until it expires).

That sounds like a lie to me if it is in the warranty period it should be covered. I would call another dealer or someone at Kubota to verify if that problem is covered under warranty and if so then ask when your warranty expires exactly. Then get it to the dealer if it should be covered and in warranty time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ffmikey214

Equipment
M7060, NH5060
Aug 8, 2019
Durango, CO
Under the seat area there is a vertical panel secured with two bolts. In the area where your right heel would hit it if sitting in the seat.

Unbolt that panel and you will find a collection of relays. #6 is for the pto.

See if you can feel any click as you try and engage the pto. Swap the pto relay with another identical one to see if that fixes it.

If the relay is not firing, then at least it is likely your problem is external and not inside the transmission.

There appears to be some options as far as pto speeds and econo mode so further describing your tractor would help.

Dave
Thanks for the info Dave. I did identify the relay and tested it... it's working. Pulled it and tried to engage PTO and got an Error 11 code. Replaced it and issue still there. Still hunting.....

jcobb40

Aug 4, 2019
Loudon, TN
This issue has been resolved something had popped up and knocked the electrical connector off the side of the trans for the solenoid that engages the clutch. It was an absolute booger to get to but it’s fixed. Clearly the cluster is lying when it’s giving you PTO speed. Hopefully this can help someone else in the future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chad389

Equipment
M6060
Jul 16, 2019
Plant city, FL
Where was the plug at underneath that went to the solenoid. I’m having the same issue on my 2017 m6060. It reads the pto rpm on the dash but does not engage the pto. My relay under the seat is clicking. I’m trying to find where to check next