CO no longer titling any Military Vehicles for on road

coachgeo

Equipment
L225 w/woods Few Mowers & Back Blade, D722 in Motorcycle (Triumph Tiger), LMTV
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH
https :// leg.colorado.gov /bills/sb19-054

Took affect Monday July 1st. Only parade's if kept in Military mode, otherwise off road only. This includes Military Vehicles from other countries. There are Expedition Truck builders based out of CO that build on Military truck chassis and just simple enthusiast just like Kubota Enthusiast. Then there is the ex-military turned commercial trucks used for well drilling, logging, landscaping etc...

also they will start denying past registered vehicles when they come up for renewal..so nothing gets grandfathered in.

More info

https :// www.steelsoldiers.com / showthread.php ?189150-Very-concerning-NEW- regulation-of-military-vehicles-in-Colorado-NO-HWY-USE

Last edited:

coachgeo

Equipment
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH
So... CO is not going to accept any hand-me-down military vehicles for police enforcement?
from this point forward..... good point... mostly though that is not where military vehicles help services... it is fire departments.... Particularly departments that service rural areas..... and need offroad fire fighting equipment....

like there is no need for that in CO?? and when departments want to upgrade.... now they can't sell their existing ex-military based trucks cause customers don't want to buy anything with an offroad title.. they are hard as hell to get switched back to "on road".. nearly impossible from my unimog experience.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Is it important to title in Colorado anyway?

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Wellllllll if I recall correctly, you can title it in another state, and then they couldnt say a word because you have title and plates from say OHIO

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Wellllllll if I recall correctly, you can title it in another state, and then they couldnt say a word because you have title and plates from say OHIO
Kind of what I thought. besides, why would I title any vehicle in a state I don't live in anyway. Makes no sense to me.

I've always wanted a UniMog. Probably never get one though. really no practical use for one and at my age, practical becomes more important that want.

coachgeo

Equipment
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH
this includes ANY road worthy military vehicle be it a Jeep, deuce, ambulance, or Unimog. Folk buy surplus military trucks for many commercial businesses too. Saves them money.... but this new ruling cancels that option and deletes that option from existing inventory if they already have one.

well drilling rigs, heavy equipment hauler, dust abatement water trucks, logging, mobile mechanic, mobile welder, ... etc etc etc.

Last edited:

coachgeo

Equipment
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH
no not correct. every state has a rule that says once a vehicle reside in their state you must title/register it in that state.

Yes they must accept a title from another state as proof of ownership and a few other things.. but that is about it. To complete title/registration you still have to have that vehicle up to snuff for that states requirements.

Some states have partner states. They know that state X,Y, and Z have same requirements etc. so they will take that title with no other inspections and run you a new one after you pay taxes for the new state the vehicle will reside in.

torch

Equipment
B7100HSD, B2789, B2550, B4672, 48" cultivator, homemade FEL and Cab
Jun 10, 2016
Muskoka, Ont.
Nevermind. I read it wrong.

Last edited:

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
I still don't get it. If I have say a duce and a half and I title it here in Michigan and plate it here, that plate is good anywhere, Colorado included. They cannot discriminate jest because it's military surplus if it had legit plates and a title.

not that I want one. Maybe a Unimog.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I was born and raised there and seen it then and see it now.

Colorado has went the way of the dodoo. :(

Last edited:

coachgeo

Equipment
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH
I still don't get it. If I have say a duce and a half and I title it here in Michigan and plate it here, that plate is good anywhere, Colorado included. They cannot discriminate jest because it's military surplus if it had legit plates and a title.

there are a few states that even if you are driving thru and you do not meet "their" window tint requirements... even if you do your state your titled.... they will ticket you....

but that is another topic....

this thread is NOT about driving through.. this is about titling/registering or renewing either of these for your military vehicle in CO.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Im not sure but I would think the idea came from Ca,,, just gussen here

ipz2222

Equipment
L235, bx2670
May 30, 2009
chickamauga ga usa
Just another attempt to take away anything the private citizen could use for protection from a tyrant government. chip, chip, chip...

jajiu

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560 HSTC, Grader, Backhoe, Snow Plow, Pallet Forks
Jun 5, 2016
Rowley, Massachusetts
If you want to screw something up, just let the government get involved. These politicians have to justify their jobs and just keep making new laws, hence the name 'lawmakers', eventually you will need a permit to walk down the sidewalk.

William1

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX25D
Jul 28, 2015
Richmond, Virginia

You can unless you live in CO. Most states have a '30 day rule' that if you live there, are a resident, you must have a drivers license and title all on road machines in that state. Meaning if you are driving a vehicle titled and registered in your name, with a different state DL, you can get in trouble.