Lever's not stay put

Jerry70

Equipment
B2320
May 17, 2019
Gatesville Texas
Hello all,
I been running my b6200hst off and on for about a week now trying to fix all the little problem it has. I have two really annoying problems, First the throttle Lever wont stay in position. I move the throttle lever forward and get the tractor up to 2500rpm and start moving forward, but then I notice that the tractor is starting to slow down. Look at rpm's and I have drop below 2500, The throttle lever has move back toward me. It just wont stay put, I have tighten everything I can figure would or might help keep it from moving, with no luck. I have even looked into the manual and for the life of me cant seem to find anything about how to tighten it up, so it doesn't move when hitting a bump or vibrations from moving forward.
Second Problem is almost like the first problem but it's the 3point lever. It wont stay put either, (Have a straight blade attached) when moving the tractor and having the 3point arm's up (lever to rear of tractor) it falls forward dropping the straight blade when I start moving. I have to tie the lever in place in order to do anything with the tractor, keeping the arm's up with the blade. I don't care much for tying the lever in place, and just like the first problem I cant seem to find anything in the manual on how to fix this. Any help would be great. Thanks guys.

200mph

Equipment
L4740-3 Cab, FEL, Fnt Snow Blower L2185, LP Finish Mower, LP Rotary Mower
Mar 3, 2017
PA
Curious if you're referencing the owners manual or the workshop manual? I wouldn't expect to find such info in the owner/operator manual, but the workshop manual (WSM) may.

I often find it helpful to review the Kubota's Illustrated parts list for insight on how things go together/work. https://apps.kubotausa.com/illustrated-parts/

Hopefully someone with your model tractor will be able to provide a detailed solution.

skypros

Equipment
BX23s
Jul 2, 2018
Bend, OR
I had the throttle problem on my BX..... Connected to the lever underneath there is a nut holding it together...... I tightened it up... more and more because the nut kept loosening.
There are suppose to be 2 nuts there (one of mine had fallen off) and I found it when I was doing my 50 hour service. I put both nuts on, now the throttle works as it should.

Last edited:

bxray

Equipment
Bx25d
Dec 1, 2014
Cleveland, ohio
Yes, there is a nut set to put tension on the lever.
Mine had two cup washers in the same direction, flipped one around to make a flying saucer shape.
Others picked up a nhlock nut.

Ray

baronetm

Equipment
L3901HST w/FEL, 3rd fnct. BH77 BH, 5' Bushhog, 6' BBL, 42" Forks, WoodMaxx WM-8H
Apr 19, 2017
South Central VT.
Mine had two cup washers in the same direction, flipped one around to make a flying saucer shape.

Ray
Those so called cup washers are most likely Bellville Washers, they are springs. See the below Wikipedia address for further explanation, changing the spring orientation to each other changes the spring washers characteristics, i.e. holding power/compression.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Belleville_washer

Jerry70

Equipment
B2320
May 17, 2019
Gatesville Texas
Curious if you're referencing the owners manual or the workshop manual? I wouldn't expect to find such info in the owner/operator manual, but the workshop manual (WSM) may.

I often find it helpful to review the Kubota's Illustrated parts list for insight on how things go together/work. https://apps.kubotausa.com/illustrated-parts/

Hopefully someone with your model tractor will be able to provide a detailed solution.
I'm using the WSM online, come to find out that the online WSM is missing a lot of things. Order the WSM today and was amazed to find out how big it is compared to the online version. I have used Kubota illustrated Parts guide but it doesn't show exactly the setup illustrated I need. Anyway went to Kubota junk yard and walked around the remains of some of the tractors, and what I'm missing from mine on the throttle. no help on 3pt lever.

Jerry70

Equipment
B2320
May 17, 2019
Gatesville Texas
I had the throttle problem on my BX..... Connected to the lever underneath there is a nut holding it together...... I tightened it up... more and more because the nut kept loosening.
There are suppose to be 2 nuts there (one of mine had fallen off) and I found it when I was doing my 50 hour service. I put both nuts on, now the throttle works as it should.
After reading your post and doing a search for the throttle problem and fix for a BX tractor, went to a Kubota junk yard. Found out that I was missing the second Nut on the stud that the rod "lever" mounts to. Went Back home and found out that the Stub is stripped were the nut is. Like someone over the years before me stripped the threads off and that the second nut had come loose and fallen off. Going to have to rethread the stud to a smaller size and replace the 2 nut's. So now I can fix the slipping throttle lever, still haven't figured out the 3pt lever. Thanks for the help on the throttle.

Jerry70

Equipment
B2320
May 17, 2019
Gatesville Texas
Those so called cup washers are most likely Bellville Washers, they are springs. See the below Wikipedia address for further explanation, changing the spring orientation to each other changes the spring washers characteristics, i.e. holding power/compression.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Belleville_washer
Tractor didn't have those , but saw a few on the tractor at the Kubota junk yard, thought they were just regular washers that were bent out of shape from over tightening. Guess I will have to find some new ones and put them on the stud after cutting new threads, as the threads to the inside nut are stripped out, wont tighten up at all. Was hell just get the old nut off.