Mower deck won't stay up.

GNNOVA

Mar 11, 2014
New Park, PA, US
I have a BX2660 and when I lift the MMM deck up it will leak down till it touches the ground within 5 to 7 minutes. Is this normal? Any thoughts on what is wrong?

JackJ

Equipment
BX1870-1
Mar 14, 2016
Indiana
I have a BX2660 and when I lift the MMM deck up it will leak down till it touches the ground within 5 to 7 minutes. Is this normal? Any thoughts on what is wrong?
That's faster than I would expect--do you have any weight on the rear three point hitch? As you probably know, the deck lift and rear lift are interconnected, so weight on one will help bring down the other. Not usually a problem for the deck since you can limit the downward travel with the knob between your feet, but sometimes annoying nonetheless.

GNNOVA

Mar 11, 2014
New Park, PA, US
All I have on the 3p is a rig to put a 2" reciever in so I can move my trailer around. Weighs about 5lbs. Doubt if that is the reason. Another note is that it leaks down the same rate whether the tractor is running or not.

JackJ

Equipment
BX1870-1
Mar 14, 2016
Indiana
Sorry, I don't know the internals well enough to tell you how to address the root cause. (Addling little blue pills to your HST reservoir is all that comes to mind.) But you should be able to address the problem with either of the two knobs between your heels. One mechanically limits the lowest level the deck falls to; the other closes a valve that should prevent both the 3PH and deck from falling lower than their current position.

Both of these knobs can occasionally get stuck (for different reasons), but there are tons of threads here addressing how to unstick/adjust them.

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Kubota tech..BX2370, RCK60, B7100HST, RTV900 w plow, Ford 1100 FWA
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS
Raise your three point to the top and turn in the center knob below the seat until it is snug. If it still settles, your cylinder is leaking, if it does not, you have a control valve problem.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
I have that issue but it has to do with age......:)