MX4700 Low Power/Wont Move

Krysallous

Equipment
MX4700
Apr 1, 2020
Ennis, TX
Hey Everyone,
In desperate need of help. I have a Kubota MX4700 (215 hrs) with front end loader. A few days ago I was filling in a burn pit with the excavated dirt when after about 3-4 hours I started to lose power. When shifted into Forward or Reverse it would feel as if it would try to move initially but would go no where even after giving gas. Next day I went back and fiddled with clutch pedal adjustment and gave it about ¾ to 1" of play and also adjusted the the Forward/Reverse stick. After a few hours I was able to get it to move, but VERY sluggish. Pushing 2500 rpm in 1st to get it to creep along. I have changed trans-hydrolic filter and there was a little bit of metal shaving, but after reading, this is supposed to be normal on the first change. I added some new UDT but did not do a full drain and refill.

What other troubleshooting options do I have. New clutch? Any other filters to change?

Please advise,

Thanks!

BigG

Equipment
l2501, FEL, BB, Rotary cutter, rake,spreader, roller, etc. New Holland TL80 A
Sep 14, 2018
West Central,FL
Call the dealer? Which tranny? I know you said clutch adjustment was made but my HST also has a clutch.

Last edited:

Tx Jim

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040 HDC-1,JD 4255,Ford 6700
Apr 30, 2013
Coyote Flats,Texas
Welcome to OTT
My observation from viewing Kubota parts catalogs for all MX4700 models show all models have a traction clutch that can be operated by the foot pedal. If traction clutch is slipping & causing tractor not to move normally when in gear with adequate free travel on foot operated pedal then my guess & experience tells me traction clutch needs to be replaced.

Normally manually operated traction clutches are classified by manufacturer as a "wear item" & are not eligible for coverage by manufacturer warranty.

Krysallous

Equipment
MX4700
Apr 1, 2020
Ennis, TX
I've called dealer, but cant get much info unless I'm willing to pay the $120/hr for a service technician to come out and take a look (I have no means of transporting it).

I'm a novice when it comes to working on anything with a motor. What do you mean by which tranny? I assumed there was just one.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
There are 3 versions of the MX4700, Two are gear shift (DT and F), one HST (hydrostatic).

It really sounding that you have a DT or and F and you have a fried clutch disk, rather odd for that low of hours.

It doesn't sound like your in a position to work on it yourself, and I wouldn't recommend a newbie jump into a clutch job on something like this.

Your going to have to either take it to a deal or have them pick it up.

There isn't anything a field call is going to be able to do besides cost you more money.