Titan issues CATHTCH #191124 issues

19thSF

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, loader, MMM, pallet forks, tooth bar, rear blade, JD 318 w/plow, JD X350
Mar 1, 2020
Glendale, Rhode Island
My CATHTCH weight bar/hitch arrived a few days ago. They advertise it as having "stainless steel" upper and lower pins. Looks more like gold tone anodized to me. E-mailed a customer service inquiry - no answer. Called and waited 30 minutes to speak to someone who only said "they are as described", but he would double check and get back to me via e-mail. Well, I am still waiting for my e-mail response.

I also asked about the owners manual. No documentation of any kind sent with the unit. The owner's manual they have on their website is a real joke. Even the person I spoke to was laughing about it. The sum total of information is:"Owner's manual", "End of Owner's Manual" That's it folks. No info at all.

Is anybody else having problems getting answers from Titan?

19thSF

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Mar 1, 2020
Glendale, Rhode Island
No, I really don't need a manual, and yes, this is the one they have on their website. I was just making note of the fact that it says nothing other than .......whatever, happens, it's not our fault. I had never seen a supposed owner's manual so totally devoid of any information. Its pretty bad when their own employee has to laugh at it.

torch

Equipment
B7100HSD, B2789, B2550, B4672, 48" cultivator, homemade FEL and Cab
Jun 10, 2016
Muskoka, Ont.
I thought you were indulging in a little hyperbole, so I clicked on the link for fun and wow, geez, you sure weren't kidding! That has got to be the shortest owner's manual in the history of man.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I'm confused as to what you think you need an owners a manual to tell you about a hitch / weight bracket? :confused:

torch

Equipment
B7100HSD, B2789, B2550, B4672, 48" cultivator, homemade FEL and Cab
Jun 10, 2016
Muskoka, Ont.
Specs? That way, when the welds fail you've got something in writing about how many suitcase weights they claimed it could take.

19thSF

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Mar 1, 2020
Glendale, Rhode Island
Thank you for weighing in on the subject.

I point out their owners manual only as an example of what they are as a company. It is okay to have a company philosophy of "you get what you pay for", I can understand that. On the other hand mis-representing what you are selling while at the same time publishing corporate documents that describe your company as being the most ethical company on the globe is not okay.

Don't "bait and switch" me (stainless steel vs anodized finish"), and then stonewall when asked about it, and expect me to respect you as a company.

They should just go with "you get what you pay for", and leave it at that!

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
That is interesting, the make NO WARRANTY whatsoever.

Looks like to me, they don't claim it will do anything. They sold you some metal, good luck.

19thSF

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Mar 1, 2020
Glendale, Rhode Island
Well, it weighs 41 or so lbs. That is only slightly less than a small suitcase weight. So..............I guess I have an expensive suitcase weight!

All kidding aside. I bought cheap, I got cheap. But..................the did mis-represent what they are selling. I am not okay with that.

GA Tech Fan

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L4701
Mar 23, 2020
Gray, GA
So I've seen posts on YouTube saying that there is a Titan Implements and Titan Attachments and they are TWO VERY DIFFERENT companies. You can search and figure it out yourself. I won't bash a company here but I was about to order a grapple and I'm glad I checked it out first!!

19thSF

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Mar 1, 2020
Glendale, Rhode Island
Here is the end of the story. I was getting nowhere dealing with Titan myself. I got the BBB involved (closest BBB to their distribution facility). At this point Titan Attachments (they are in fact a different company than Titan Implements) has corrected the product description on their website, and issued a full credit for the product.

So, if you are purchasing from palletforks.com or titan attachments, be aware that you are getting what you pay for. The product will be made overseas, the fit and finish may not be the best, and it may break, but it will be inexpensive compared to American made attachments. If you have a problem, you will have to "raise hell" to get it resolved. The attachment will be very price competitive, and probably serviceable.