f2400 snowblower

19rocky44

Equipment
mowing
Mar 29, 2020
Tully ny onondaga
I have a( new to me) f2400 that I have questions about. While looking for a snowblower they seem hard to find used so I wondered if a three point blower would work after I fab a hitch and had a drive shaft made to fit.I understand my pto speed is 540 rpm so to increase blower fan speed there must be a chain and sprockets or meshing gears. If it is chain and sprockets the rotation would not be changed where as meshing gears would reverse the direction. Am I wrong or is this another thing to be concerned about. With my pto rotation being cw I think if shoot is on the left side of the blower it would have to be a chain and sprocket and the reverse side if it is meshing gears. Big question is my thinking right or wrong. Thank you very much for any replys

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
You understand it incorrectly, your F2400 has a 2 speed PTO 1000 RPM and 2500 RPM, neither will run a three point blower directly which requires a 540 RPM input.

You could get a front mount blower for a BX or B that will run at the 2500 rpm setting.

Or to run a three point blower you will have to add a 4.6 to 1 ration chain drive.

Make sure you keep the angle on the PTO shaft to a minimum on both the lower and upper lift positions.

Last edited: