Sam's Club

Stmar

Equipment
B2650HSDC
May 23, 2017
Buffalo, Wyoming
Living in a rural area we tend to keep stocks of staples because you never know if/when you can get to a store. Our nearest Sam's is over 120 miles away, a 250 mile 10 to 20 gallons of fuel trip depending on which vehicle we take. Needless to say we try and have a comprehensive list when we go. It had been a while, we usually go every other month, because of the weather and situation with the virus. I planned on going on Thursday instead of our usual Saturday trip to avoid the weekend crowds. Then I saw where Sam's was going to have Senior Hours, I left earlier than I had planned so that I could take advantage of this. It worked great, very few shoppers and it seemed they had stocked certain items that were in short supply, paper aisle was empty except for a shining pallet of Charmin Strong, my TP of choice. I found everything on my list except for 3 items, soup, tomato sauce and rotisserie chicken. I use the Scan and Go app so didn't have to go through the register, loaded up my basket and went out the door in about an hour. Once outside I saw that there was a line all the way around the building waiting for the store to open to the public, so a big shout out to Sam's for trying to address our new world order.

dlsmith

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2230, LA211
Nov 15, 2018
Goshen, IN
The local chain, Martin's Supermarkets, has begun to reserve senior hours from 7:00AM to 8:00AM on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Krogers and Meiers are doing the same with slightly different hours.
They closed the local Sam's a couple of years ago, have no idea why, the place was always busy. So now I have to drive about 30 miles to the one in Mishawaka. I don't buy nearly as much there now since it's not nearly as convenient as the one that was only 5 miles away.

Last edited:

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Dollar stores are doing the same thing.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

mickeyd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2014 L3200 DT w/LA524 FEL, 2019 Kubota Z121S w/ 48" Pro Dec, TG1860G w/RCK54TG
Mar 21, 2014
Guin, AL
I went to Sam's this past Thursday morning during Senior hours. Yes it was great as there was a lot less people and everything had been restocked and sanitized.

Since my closet Sam's is 60 miles away we don't go that often. Like Stmar, we always have a specific list of what we need. We were able to get everything we needed and only one item we purchased had a limit.

hope to float

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450
Feb 18, 2018
Ireland
Living in a rural area we tend to keep stocks of staples because you never know if/when you can get to a store. Our nearest Sam's is over 120 miles away, a 250 mile 10 to 20 gallons of fuel trip depending on which vehicle we take. Needless to say we try and have a comprehensive list when we go. It had been a while, we usually go every other month, because of the weather and situation with the virus. I planned on going on Thursday instead of our usual Saturday trip to avoid the weekend crowds. Then I saw where Sam's was going to have Senior Hours, I left earlier than I had planned so that I could take advantage of this. It worked great, very few shoppers and it seemed they had stocked certain items that were in short supply, paper aisle was empty except for a shining pallet of Charmin Strong, my TP of choice. I found everything on my list except for 3 items, soup, tomato sauce and rotisserie chicken. I use the Scan and Go app so didn't have to go through the register, loaded up my basket and went out the door in about an hour. Once outside I saw that there was a line all the way around the building waiting for the store to open to the public, so a big shout out to Sam's for trying to address our new world order.
And this is exactly what you don't want

cheesetrain

Feb 25, 2017
Wisconsin
I’ll admit to having a Costco membership. Last time I was there my wife had to take me to a bar first and get me drunk. Wait in line to get in, wait in line to get out. I don’t have that kind of time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BigG

Equipment
l2501, FEL, BB, Rotary cutter, rake,spreader, roller, etc. New Holland TL80 A
Sep 14, 2018
West Central,FL
I’ll admit to having a Costco membership. Last time I was there my wife had to take me to a bar first and get me drunk. Wait in line to get in, wait in line to get out. I don’t have that kind of time.

How long does it take to get you drunk?

cheesetrain

Feb 25, 2017
Wisconsin
How long does it take to get you drunk?

Couple hours at least. The closest Costco to me there is a line to get into the parking lot. People stop at the front and let a few people out to get in the store which just backs things up even more. Had someone ask me what the best time to go to Costco was. I told them when they are closed.

KTuk4J

Equipment
B2650 Duetz Allis 6275 CAT D6 CAT 110B
Mar 2, 2020
NW OR
What pisses me off the most is the people who cut in the line in front of others waiting to get in before it opens. Some have been standing there for a half hour or more patiently waiting.

They cant just go to the end they have to walk up and squeeze in like they are someone special who can't wait or maybe just lack of common courtesy or sense....

Rude... Rude... Rude...

Workerbee

Equipment
Zd21
Mar 1, 2020
MN
So, the senior citizens were lined up at 7:00 AM waiting to get into the store for the early shopping for seniors program. It was cold and raining and this kid pulls up in a noisy wreck of a car blaring some kind of horrible sounds they call music. He puts his vape e cigarette out and just heads right for the front of the line.
A lady about 80 just put a foot out and dropped him mid stride on the sidewalk. Undaunted, he gets up and continues on and a WW2 vet steps in front of him and says "you gotta go through me" the kid says "Look old man, I don't want any trouble" with that the old guy put a well aimed shot right on the side of the kids nose and busted it wide open. The kid was just about crying, "WTF?" Another old lady bags him from behind with a redicusley heavy pocketbook. He stumbles out into the street holding his nose and putting his other hand up like he surendered and said "Stop, stop, stop!........if you don't let me unlock the doors, nobody's getting in!"

johnjk

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B3200 w/loader, Woods RC5 brush hog, 4' box blade, tooth bar, B1700 MMM,
Apr 13, 2017
West Mansfield, OH
I had to run in to the data center this last Friday and there is a Sams about 4 miles from the facility. Hit it around 3PM on a Friday. Maybe 8 other people in the store. All shelves were full with the exception of hand sanitizer, tissues and TP. They have limits on dairy (milk, coffee creamer) eggs and fresh meats. Funny thing though, you can go to the frozen section and get all the 10lb bags of chicken breasts you want. Mainly was after snacks, fresh fruit and cheese. Got everything on my list

Hit Rural King on Saturday morning. for feed corn and some composted cow manure to start enriching the wife's gardens. A few more people there, no problem staying 8-10' away

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 Utility Special 4WD e/w FEL & 1530 John Deere "Traveling Man"
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
Yup, it may be a while before we find TP since they discovered that TP was actually causing this Coronavirous. :rolleyes:

Lycomech96

Equipment
B2601, loader, backhoe
Nov 12, 2018
Williamsport, PA, USA
You folks need to do what I did. It's 22 miles to my Sam's Club so I enlisted in their Plus membership for $100 (your normal membership is $45 so it's an additional $55). That seems high until you do the math. There is free shipping on all your orders. BUT, there are some items they wont ship so look at the website first. You also get a rebate at the end of the year that I think is 5%. I figured if I placed 15 or so orders a year I would break even on the additional cost of the Plus membership in gas savings alone, not counting my time. I buy cat litter and cat food so I let Fedex drop the heavy stuff right at my door. So go to Samsclub.com and see it they offer to ship the items you want or not. And it you are 120 miles away, it is a real no brainer.
Disclaimer; I have zero financial relationship with Sam's Club except when I owe them money.