How do you report SCAMS sent to us in messages?

NOLES

Equipment
L2350
Feb 25, 2020
PANAMA CITY
I have a WTB for a frontend loader and I got a message from Nickmeal telling me to email Deleted by Mod. He said he would sell and ship a frontend loader for my tractor for $280 and sent me a picture of the bucket. I reponded with not just the bucket the whole loader you must have meant $2800. He confirmed just $280 shipped for the entire loader. He asked for my shipping address and wanted payment by Moneygram. I offered to pick it up and asked for the physical address that I could put in my GPS and pick up and pay him. He would not reply. Clearly this is a scam and our members need to be aware of this Member Nickmeal and his "friend" Deleted by Mod

Last edited by a moderator:

ccoon520

Equipment
L2501 w/ FEL
Apr 15, 2019
IA
I believe you send it to one of the moderators and they will investigate. If they are a scammer they will probably shut the account down.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I deleted the email address, as the email link is the scam.
Yes we know he's a scam or spammer, if you notice he has no post count.

It's a known scam to high jack scam to Gmail accounts, they do it by getting you to send an authorization or reply to a I'm not a computer link.

If you have a Gmail account, change your password Immediately if you can still get access to it.

Sorry, but there is nothing OTT can do (besides banning users) to stop these kinds of scams.

gkk2001

Equipment
F3680, L3800 HST
Aug 14, 2011
Central GA, USA
At least this scammer telegraphed his scam by making it obvious. But I think you are correct raising the alert flag because who knows what he may try next. Yes I think our common sense combined with a healthy sense of scepticism goes a long way.