There are two types of people

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
...or there is flux core MIG and there is robotic resistance welding.

I have to say, that is one fugly weld.

Hue

Equipment
Kubota L4060, box blade, stump bucket grapple, snowblower
May 17, 2019
New Brunswick Canada
I was always told there are 3 kinds of people, those who can count and those who can't.

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 HST, KingKutter box scraper, KingKutter 66" rake, County Pride Subsoiler
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ
Every three years the mufflers on my mom's car used to rust off. My dad started ordering mufflers and welded them together with an acetylene gas torch and CLOTHES HANGARS!!!:eek:

You talk about fugly welds... OMG. But, they'd last three years! I often wonder why my dad didn't buy proper brazing rods... Answer: He was a depression era kid.

At the time, we lived on Long Island. My dad was out in L.A. on business and my uncle asked dad if he wanted his torch and regulator set (which I still have). Dad said, "SURE!" My uncle had just bought the acetylene refill and offered it to my dad, who dutifully boxed it up and checked it as "luggage" for the flight back. :eek::eek::eek:

When dad's suitcase came down the chute at JFK he said we had to wait for one more item, and it was a heavy one... The luggage carousel was fed from a chute that came out of the ceiling. We heard...

zzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ...BAM!

as this tank wrapped in cardboard slammed into the edge of the carousel leaving a sizable dent. Being 16, I got to carry that beast to the car. Later, I told my shop teacher and he just looked at me with his jaw agape. He said you are not even supposed to lay tanks down once received.

I used to tell guys I was flying with that story on long legs and finish with, "You just never know what's downstairs..." LOL...

Reactions: 1 user

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
This made me laugh 'cause I had the cajones to post OTT pictures of some welds that looked A LOT worse years ago...

Since then I've learned:

- how to use a grinder (I'm damn near a pro..:eek:)

- how to weld better, and practice - many thanks to D2Cat and Daren Todd

- not to post pictures of bad welds, just the good ones....after the grinder...:)

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
You would call that one on the left beautiful if you ever saw mine

random

Equipment
L3301, bucket, backhoe, grader, plow, harrow, cultivator
Nov 2, 2020
NC
There are actually 10 kinds of people - those who understand binary and those who don't.
There are two kinds of people - those who can extrapolate from missing information.

• Haha