zl-1501dt things i've done

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Alex, how did you come to the fact it was a fuel filter problem? Did you just randomly change it and it cleared the problem?

Alexisferos

Equipment
L-1501 DT
Oct 24, 2013
Greece
i was very curious why when i leave it uphill at idle it lowers the rpm,
but not only that, i have take my measurements when i install the pistons the valves and all the other parts, and i know the sound of a piston or a rod, the sound that i was hearing was nothing like that.
so i start by release the lines from the injectors, and i've notice a small improvement,
then i let the tractor with his nose i very high place and take a screwdriver and with my ear i try to find the place from the sound,
so it was the injector near the radiator was knocking from the lack of fuel, so i put a new filter in and until now everything is working great.

and after all i will work it as always hard and i will see.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Good detective work. Sometimes injectors will make some noises hard to imagine until you hear them and realize where they are originating. Pretty easy fix! You do nice work. Have fun.

Alexisferos

Equipment
L-1501 DT
Oct 24, 2013
Greece
now i need to install a nice volt meter and a usb charger because since i install the led headlights i have one spare fuse,
i buy that

to install it..

i will try to find a place at the dash that it will look original.

Alexisferos

Equipment
L-1501 DT
Oct 24, 2013
Greece
We had some good sunny days here in Greece and i found time to install the volt meter with usb charger, i don't have photos from the installation but it was easy, i unbolt the four bolts that hold the upper dash and remove it, then i made e 28mm round hole in the lower part,
a power cable installed at the spare fuse that i had and in the meter,
here are the two photos that i have.

i will take some more with the key on so you can see the voltage.
Now i can say that i have a full set of information and buttons/gauges at my work horse.

The next project is to fix and paint my old trailer

Attachments

Alexisferos

Equipment
L-1501 DT
Oct 24, 2013
Greece
Hello again after a lot of time. Nothing special here and the tractor perform perfect as it should be for a tractor with its name.
But me I'm in a search of a new job and I think that I need to paint some surface rust at the fenders .
One has and a small crack.
So guys what should I do? I'm not in the mood to paint the hole fender but some part of them.
Should I prime it locally and paint them with can?
What can I do for the surface rust? Only sanding?
Is it good that way?
Thanks in advance for every reply?

coachgeo

Equipment
L225 w/woods Few Mowers & Back Blade, D722 in Motorcycle (Triumph Tiger), LMTV
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH
...What can I do for the surface rust? Only sanding?
Is it good that way?
Thanks in advance for every reply?
what ever you do.. use something with Rust Stop qualities rather it be in the paint, primer or prep product before either one.

Alexisferos

Equipment
L-1501 DT
Oct 24, 2013
Greece
Since I'm gonna paint some parts of the fenders I decide to change and the gearing/speed info stickers,
That are in the fenders and they learn me a lot about gearing the tractor when I till or cut grass.
I'm posting them if someone needs them

Alexisferos

Equipment
L-1501 DT
Oct 24, 2013
Greece
Hi again.
After all this time without any post i return with a small fix.
The old tractor is working hard with no problems at all, so now i decide to service some of the implements.
Nothing special for most of you, i had some orange color lying around in the house from an old project so i decide to service the tiler and paint some parts.
Here are the photos that i know you all like.

You can see how bud it was, the primer and the final result,
the seat had faded and i paint it as well

Attachments

Alexisferos

Equipment
L-1501 DT
Oct 24, 2013
Greece
Long time no see. ;)
But here i i'm and after one year, the Kubota is holding strong and as it needs i decide to clean the cooling system it was very muddy as you can see at the second picture.
A new hose had to installed because the old was ready to collapse , new belt and a small restoration with new ball bearings at the alternator because it had develop some bearing sound.
As you can see i have spay paint the parts. :D
I know it needs a good wash but i have no time and it's raining all day.
Here are some photos of the disassemble and assemble.

Attachments

Alexisferos

Equipment
L-1501 DT
Oct 24, 2013
Greece
Long time no see again. The truth is that the old beast now has 1800h on the clock going strong without problems.
This time of a year, again we harvest the olives and the kubota works hard.
I have change only the eBay volt meter with a new one and better/accurate and I will post a picture, link tomorrow.
IMAG6573~4.jpg

Reactions: 1 user

David Page

Equipment
1974 L260, 6" bush hog, subsoiler, spring tooth harrow, boom pole, 2 bottom plow
Jun 25, 2013
Dexter, ME
You are a busy man. Are the olives for your use or is the orchard big enough that you are raising them to sell? We have mountains and orchards here but both look quite different. It's apples here.

Long time no see again. The truth is that the old beast now has 1800h on the clock going strong without problems.
This time of a year, again we harvest the olives and the kubota works hard.
I have change only the eBay volt meter with a new one and better/accurate and I will post a picture, link tomorrow. View attachment 70030

Alexisferos

Equipment
L-1501 DT
Oct 24, 2013
Greece
You are a busy man. Are the olives for your use or is the orchard big enough that you are raising them to sell? We have mountains and orchards here but both look quite different. It's apples here.
I'm a small IT, i make hotels and business networking and i have a small Wi-Fi network, like internet provider.
The olive trees are enough, my father likes them, about 400 trees that offer me their fruit and the oil that my family eat, some times i sell the extra olive oil (virgin olive oil) about 5€ per litre... All that in a happy village life.

(not all the antennas are mine)

Attachments

Reactions: 1 user