What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

JeepinMaxx

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2660, LA243 FEL, RCK54P-23BX MMM, BX2751 QH Subframe, BX2750D 50" Blower
Mar 27, 2018
Columbia, CT
I can't believe how much I use my Artillian fork frame and pallet forks

artho45

Equipment
L2800
Sep 15, 2019
Ord, Nebraska, USA
I installed my WR Long 3rd function kit that I got from Everything Attachments. I got it all done in less then an hour except I need to go buy a crimping tool for the electrical connections. Guess I'll have to violate the social distancing and head to the parts store tomorrow. the SSQA adapter is supposed to arrive tomorrow also. Can'g wait to attach my Wicked 55 grapple.

boz1989

Equipment
B2910 fel 60 mmm, Land Pride rb1572
Jun 10, 2015
Portland, MI
I installed my WR Long 3rd function kit that I got from Everything Attachments. I got it all done in less then an hour except I need to go buy a crimping tool for the electrical connections. Guess I'll have to violate the social distancing and head to the parts store tomorrow. the SSQA adapter is supposed to arrive tomorrow also. Can'g wait to attach my Wicked 55 grapple.
In a pinch, I have a pair of pliers that I crimp wires with. Some solder would be the best choice.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
In high-vibration environments, actually crimped connectors are better than soldered connections, because solder will create a brittle connection which will fracture. (This is something especially noted in aircraft wiring manuals.)

If you do solder it, be certain to isolate/support the soldered joint to prevent vibration.

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
Not sure if this should go here or in the Daily Chuckle thread. I needed some extra weight on my disc harrow, looked around what I had here.

Sent it on a couple 2x4s across the frame of the disc, couple ratchet straps, and put 40 gallons of water in it. Guessing with the weight of the sprayer and water it added pretty close to 400 pounds. Worked out pretty good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i7win7

Equipment
BX2370, B2650 grapple, tree puller, trailer mover, 3 point hoist, mower, tiller
Feb 21, 2020
Central, IL
Having some Redneck fun

"Messin' with the moles" Used BX2379 and 6' Hoelscher box blade to shear off the tops of mole hills and flattening them.

Attachments

KHW59

Equipment
L-3901 Brushhog, Finish mower, road planner, box blade.
Apr 28, 2016
Palatka Fl
Used my GS1560 Grading Scraper to gather fallen oak leaves into a pile. Works well when set to just scrub the grass. As it fills with leaves it works even better.

BigG

Equipment
l2501, FEL, BB, Rotary cutter, rake,spreader, roller, etc. New Holland TL80 A
Sep 14, 2018
West Central,FL
Having some Redneck fun

"Messin' with the moles" Used BX2379 and 6' Hoelscher box blade to shear off the tops of mole hills and flattening them.
That is a pretty good load on that tractor. Is the tractor heavy enough to use that bb on dirt? I can not imagine it is big enough for 6 feet of dirt at a time. Have you had a chance to use the BB with a larger tractor? I have been looking for something like that to level larger areas of land instead of a 3 point box blade but I can not find anyone with experience with one.

Bmbbm

Equipment
Bx2370 land pride box blade 60"mmm kubota fel
May 29, 2016
Chillicothe mo
Got my new LED light bar installed. Haven't got wired yet. Have a friend who is a electrical guru, thinking I will ask him to help. Shout out to Kenny of Bolt on hooks. Ordered his clamp on rops mounts and very pleased, really clean looking install.

shootem604

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L245DT with Kubota (Arps Model 22) FEL and Kubota B/L4520B (Woods 650) BH
Apr 23, 2018
British Columbia
Started digging around a cluster of birch stumps to get them out of the way so I can build my greenhouse. Those roots go deep!

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2018
Texas
I cut down an elm tree a couple years ago and left the stump standing about 3” above ground level thinking it’d never cause me a problem.

Wrong. I hit it with my new finish mower and jammed the frame-work against the blades thereby locking-up one of the blades.

I fixed the mower (I have some big sledges...) but I don’t want this to happen again.

Three days ago I mowed around it... but then got the idea to pour a pint of charcoal lighter fluid onto the stump, then pile a half-bag of charcoal on it, then sprinkle the rest of the lighter-fluid on the charcoal... stood back ...and tossed a match on it.

I spent the rest of the day finishing my pasture-mowing job. It lightly rained that night. Next day about noon I looked at it, and it was a ground-level area of grey charcoal-ash... and placing my hand down above it... it was still hot-as-hell despite the surrounding ground being damp from the rain.

I left it alone another 24 hrs and now the fire is clearly out and cold. And that stump.... no longer exists. It burned itself away for at least a foot below ground-level.

“We don’t need no stinking-stump-grinder-badges!”

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Next time put a "chimney" around it.
5, 15, or 55gal steel drum (depending on size of stump) with both ends cut out.
I have burned out stumps with this method and burned the roots down 2+ feet deep.

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
Then take your leaf blower and “turbocharge” the chimney by blowing into the bottom if you want.

Probably wisest to use electric powered leaf blower.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2018
Texas
Then take your leaf blower and “turbocharge” the chimney by blowing into the bottom if you want.

Probably wisest to use electric powered leaf blower.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I simply ignored it and drank beer and it went away just fine. :p

I was surprised that stump and it’s roots continued to burn throughout the night’s raining.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I simply ignored it and drank beer and it went away just fine. :p

I was surprised that stump and it’s roots continued to burn throughout the night’s raining.
I had burn piles and stumps in and out of the ground burn for a week straight in torrential rains. ;)

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
Worked around the barn clearing some old trees and removing some old fencing that we are no longer using. Gave the chainsaw and the grapple a good workout.

Had planned on mowing the waterways, but the ground was to soft, so switched to the plan B.

hope to float

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450
Feb 18, 2018
Ireland
I puckered. I puckered good. Low wheel on a side hill sank. Couldn't reverse out so I dropped the FEL and used it as a skid and ploughed on. If I think of it tomorrow I'll get a photo :eek:

Fro65

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3301HST, LA525, BH77, LP tiller, LP grader box, LP blade, BX2380
Dec 30, 2014
NorthEast Indiana
We finally got a warm, sunny and calm day today so I left work early to get some chores done before it starts raining again this weekend.

Mowed (first of the year) with Kubota powered Grasshopper.

Put the broadcast spreader on the BX and put down 2200 pounds of crabgrass preventer/fertilizer.

Got out the L and distributed nearly 6000 pounds of BS/compost mix to three of my garden plots. Will just need to till it in once everything dries out.

It felt good to finally get something accomplished.:)

Sorry, no pictures this time cause I was kind of busting my hump to get done before dark.

shootem604

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L245DT with Kubota (Arps Model 22) FEL and Kubota B/L4520B (Woods 650) BH
Apr 23, 2018
British Columbia
I had some old bricks of various types dumped in the back from yard cleanup 10 years ago. Rejigged the garden and thought they would make nice pathways along the edges - the Kubota hauled several buckets full out from the weeds to the garden and laid out, the end result is very quaint.