Temp sensor for M4500DT

kdpearson

Equipment
Kubota L345DT, Kubota M4500DT, International 544, Ford 3000, 1949 8N Ford
May 5, 2015
Albany, OR
Hi all, I am rebuilding an M4500DT and am almost ready to join the engine with the rest of the tractor however when I sent the head in to be rebuilt I didn't pull the temp sensor (I know, my bad). So now I am looking for a new one and the dealer wants $70 for a replacement! Any chance one of you has a spare part #33400-75250 that you would be willing to sell at a reasonable price?
Thanks, Ken

JohnDB

Equipment
M4500DT
Jun 9, 2018
NZ
Sorry I don't have a spare one. But... there's bound to be an aftermarket one available. If there's no direct crossover for a 40 year old sensor :) there are clued-up electrical people on this forum who may be able to tell you how to work out the sensor specs, given you have the gauge and the cooling system has a pressure cap rated at 13 psi so the coolant temp should reach max 120 deg C 245 deg F at that pressure, so that might be the red line on the gauge?

kdpearson

Equipment
May 5, 2015
Albany, OR
Sorry I don't have a spare one. But... there's bound to be an aftermarket one available. If there's no direct crossover for a 40 year old sensor :) there are clued-up electrical people on this forum who may be able to tell you how to work out the sensor specs, given you have the gauge and the cooling system has a pressure cap rated at 13 psi so the coolant temp should reach max 120 deg C 245 deg F at that pressure, so that might be the red line on the gauge?
Thanks JohnDB. Thats an excellent idea. I will post the tech question and see what comes up. I thought worse case scenario I'll get an aftermarket bulb type gauge and install it for now. First I will reach out to the machine shop and see if they might still have it.

kdpearson

Equipment
May 5, 2015
Albany, OR
Thanks JohnDB. Thats an excellent idea. I will post the tech question and see what comes up. I thought worse case scenario I'll get an aftermarket bulb type gauge and install it for now. First I will reach out to the machine shop and see if they might still have it. So how do you like your M4500DT? We don't see too many of these here in the states.

JohnDB

Equipment
M4500DT
Jun 9, 2018
NZ
First I will reach out to the machine shop and see if they might still have it. So how do you like your M4500DT? We don't see too many of these here in the states.
Good idea to chase the machine shop if they lost it. They should be more careful.

I love the old M4500DT - a very cool tractor, been doing good work pushing a bit of dirt around recently on fairly steep slopes. Will send you some photos later.