Brass Ones

Nicfin36

Equipment
L2501 HST, BH77 Backhoe, SSQA Loader ZD1011 Mower
Jun 19, 2019
Decatur, AL
Yikes. I've climbed trees for a living, but I don't think I could do that.

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
WOW, that was impressive.

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
gulp!

After taking a few months for myself to recover from a fairly recent fall, that'd be a big "Heck No" for me.:eek:

Pic below is my ladder getting "re-aligned" by my rib cage. Bear in mind, this was from the ladder slipping out on me while I was only about hip height of 8 feet. I just so happened to have landed on the side of the ladder...ribs first. :mad::(

Attachments

Nicfin36

Equipment
L2501 HST, BH77 Backhoe, SSQA Loader ZD1011 Mower
Jun 19, 2019
Decatur, AL
gulp!

After taking a few months for myself to recover from a fairly recent fall, that'd be a big "Heck No" for me.:eek:

Pic below is my ladder getting "re-aligned" by my rib cage. Bear in mind, this was from the ladder slipping out on me while I was only about hip height of 8 feet. I just so happened to have landed on the side of the ladder...ribs first. :mad::(
Ouch! Dang you put a dent in that thing.

hope to float

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450
Feb 18, 2018
Ireland
Fred was a legend. He would also knock tall chimneys by taking out bricks and replacing them with logs and then setting them on fire. He also had a passion for steam engines and used to rebuild them. He had many series of programs on british tv which were essential viewing

BigG

Equipment
l2501, FEL, BB, Rotary cutter, rake,spreader, roller, etc. New Holland TL80 A
Sep 14, 2018
West Central,FL
But who tied the ladders up there the first time?

KTuk4J

Equipment
B2650 Duetz Allis 6275 CAT D6 CAT 110B
Mar 2, 2020
NW OR
gulp!

Yikes and OUCH! I curious how that happened.
Uneven or slippery ground?

An "ortho" tech friend of mine said that 90%+ of accident patients involving ladders was from reaching out to do something or extending something out while on the ladder such as a hose, hand tool etc.

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
Yikes and OUCH! I curious how that happened.
Uneven or slippery ground?

An "ortho" tech friend of mine said that 90%+ of accident patients involving ladders was from reaching out to do something or extending something out while on the ladder such as a hose, hand tool etc.
Gutter cleaning at my mother's. Ladder was on a "frosted" deck. I had too much angle on the ladder. When I made the attempt to get on the roof from the ladder the ladder feet slid out on the deck. The ride felt like it was in slow motion and I distinctly remember thinking to myself.."oh well, I'm not that high so I'll just go with it...it wont't be that bad of a fall" ;)

It really wouldn't have been that bad but, the ladder flipped (rolled) onto its side and I landed on top. Knocked the wind out of me and I knew immediately that I was in trouble. Clawed my way off the deck in agony to my truck. Drove home and had my wife take me to ER. Nothing broken (I guess I bounced). Bruised ribs and sternum. Slept in a chair for months.

Ladders scare the crap out of my now. :D