Idaho Earthquake

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Kubota B2650 and lots of other equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
My son lives in Boise. Just heard Idaho had second largest recorded earthquake centered in the Stanley area. Hoping you, NIW, and other Idaho residents nearby are all ok!!! :eek:

Last edited:

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Yea 6.5, a whopper!
No reports of any damage so that's good.

I'll tell you what though, it was 380 some odd miles away from me and we felt it big time!
That was one heck of a shake!
A little... wait no... A LOT unnerving!

Mlarv

Equipment
BX23S
Jan 19, 2020
Crossville TN
I was in a few of them over the years. The one in Taipei while was on the 17th floor of a building was a wild ride.

The one in Seattle was a big shake then nothing at work, my house 65miles away had the shaking for 2 minutes before it stopped.

Sort of like dropping a rock in the water sharp ripples where the rock went in and long smoother one the farther you get away from it.

Hope all are safe
Mike

coachgeo

Equipment
L225 w/woods Few Mowers & Back Blade, D722 in Motorcycle (Triumph Tiger), LMTV
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH
Yea 6.5, a whopper!
No reports of any damage so that's good.

I'll tell you what though, it was 380 some odd miles away from me and we felt it big time!
That was one heck of a shake!
A little... wait no... A LOT unnerving!
glad to hear for you it was only a rock and roll thing. Hope no more than that elsewhere too

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Kubota B2650 and lots of other equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
My son works for Idaho Power and reports that they suffered no out of the ordinary issues due to the earthquake....that anybody knows of so far. Which is good. He was in his home at the time, and coming from North Dakota, had never been in or thought of an earthquake happening. His house is approximately 100 miles (as the crow flies) from the quake's center. It took him a while to realize just what was making the house shake and vibrate like it was. Then it dawned on him....Earthquake! No apparent damage to houses in his area and now that it's over, he says he can rightfully claim to have experienced a major quake. He's not looking forward to any more, however! :eek: