BH77 fixed seat option

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
Has anyone added a fixed seat to the BH77? Just wondering if it's possible to add the fixed seat/mount used on BH77 L series and cabbed B series on a rops B50 series tractor.

It looks to me like the BH77 mounting brackets show an extra segment to make the mount longer on cabbed B50 models than open station B50 series tractors to allow for the fixed seat.

The pic below shows the BH77 with fixed seat on a cabbed B50 tractor. The mount looks like it extends well beyond the rear tires.

Attachments

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
Has anyone added a fixed seat to the BH77? Just wondering if it's possible to add the fixed seat/mount used on BH77 L series and cabbed B series on a rops B50 series tractor.

It looks to me like the BH77 mounting brackets show an extra segment to make the mount longer on cabbed B50 models than open station B50 series tractors to allow for the fixed seat.

The pic below shows the BH77 with fixed seat on a cabbed B50 tractor. The mount looks like it extends well beyond the rear tires.
The cabbed B has extensions to the subframe to push it out. The L does not. On mine the back hoe seat rubs the driver seat.

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
The cabbed B has extensions to the subframe to push it out. The L does not. On mine the back hoe seat rubs the driver seat.
Thanks. It looks like the "extensions" are bolted to the backhoe frame, not the tractor. Is that correct?

My BH 77 has about five holes on each side of the backhoe frame which look like the same locations as the bolts in the pic I attached. Perhaps, the extensions can be purchased seperately?

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
Awesome. Thanks so much!

I'll have to think about if it's worth it to do it. My reservation is that I'd likely need a different (longer) trailer too! :(

Last edited:

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA

There is no part number breakdown for the individual brackets that I can see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
oh. Ok. I thought that PN was just for the cab spacer. I don't think I'd be springing for a whole new mounting kit.

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
oh. Ok. I thought that PN was just for the cab spacer. I don't think I'd be springing for a whole new mounting kit.
I did a quick look on Messicks too and didn’t see a breakdown of the parts, but there wasn’t a clear breakdown of the kit. Maybe a little more searching could uncover a P/N?

DeepWoods

Equipment
B2650HSDC Woodland Mills WC68 Wood Chipper
Apr 10, 2019
Bigfork Minnesota

I have a B2650HSDC and even though it has a separate seat for the bh77 backhoe, you may find that even with the extentions, the seating area is quite cramped. I'm a 200 pound guy and I find that if I run the backhoe for any extended periods, I'm quite cramped for space. Just a thought if you were to spend the money on the extensions and the additional seat.

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
I have a B2650HSDC and even though it has a separate seat for the bh77 backhoe, you may find that even with the extentions, the seating area is quite cramped. I'm a 200 pound guy and I find that if I run the backhoe for any extended periods, I'm quite cramped for space. Just a thought if you were to spend the money on the extensions and the additional seat.
Same with the L. Im sure yours is set up like mine since it has the extra seat minus the extensions, but seating area is tight.

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
looking at the pic I posted of the cabbed tractor with the hoe, it looks like there is quite a bit of room between the two seats (if you visualize it without the cab).

Anyway, if I'd have to buy a whole new sub-frame, it's just not going to happen. I'll just have to live with the seat flip or reaching over the back of the seat for the little jobs.

Fordtech- i tried getting the dealer to perform the oil consumption and off throttle rattle tsb on my f150 while it was there for state inspection. They denied both.

Next day, I changed the oil in it and rotated the tires. Discovered that I have an outer cv boot leaking grease all over the place (7K miles on the truck). It's not torn, just looks like a loose clamp. Yet, they failed to tell me about it. I guess I'll need to try to find another dealer/service dept.

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
I believe what deepwoods and I are referring to is the space of the seat to the controls.

This is the room you have with the fixed seat.

As far as the dealer goes, maybe you need to find a different dealer.

BigG

Equipment
l2501, FEL, BB, Rotary cutter, rake,spreader, roller, etc. New Holland TL80 A
Sep 14, 2018
West Central,FL
looking at the pic I posted of the cabbed tractor with the hoe, it looks like there is quite a bit of room between the two seats (if you visualize it without the cab).

Anyway, if I'd have to buy a whole new sub-frame, it's just not going to happen. I'll just have to live with the seat flip or reaching over the back of the seat for the little jobs.

Fordtech- i tried getting the dealer to perform the oil consumption and off throttle rattle tsb on my f150 while it was there for state inspection. They denied both.

Next day, I changed the oil in it and rotated the tires. Discovered that I have an outer cv boot leaking grease all over the place (7K miles on the truck). It's not torn, just looks like a loose clamp. Yet, they failed to tell me about it. I guess I'll need to try to find another dealer/service dept.
I would be taking some pictures of the boot and the odometer. Call and ask for the name and the e-mail of the service manager. Tell him to fix it or it will go on the internet. Once fixed I would never go back.

No-Loan Ranger

Equipment
Kubota B2601 & B2650
Nov 9, 2023
NC
I believe what deepwoods and I are referring to is the space of the seat to the controls.

This is the room you have with the fixed seat.

As far as the dealer goes, maybe you need to find a different dealer.

But you could still add the seat to a B2650 ROPS without the extra subframe extension, correct? Or would it bump into something and be impossible to install?

I hate having to spin the seat and would gladly endure the cramped space on the backhoe not to have to be spinning the seat.

And does anyone know the part # for the backhoe seat kit (the seat + post and appropriate hardware)?

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
But you could still add the seat to a B2650 ROPS without the extra subframe extension, correct? Or would it bump into something and be impossible to install?

I hate having to spin the seat and would gladly endure the cramped space on the backhoe not to have to be spinning the seat.

And does anyone know the part # for the backhoe seat kit (the seat + post and appropriate hardware)?
answered here: