COVID-19 Stuff

Carry on with the political ranting, mud slinging, name calling, and insults, or close the thread.

• Leave it open

Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Close the thread

Votes: 10 55.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
The AZ governor published an executive order of critical businesses that must remain open during the shut down: https://azgovernor.gov/sites/default/files/eo_2021_0.pdf
Was pleased to see part of section xv, Supplies For Essential Businesses and Operations:
(in part) "firearm and ammunition suppliers and retailers for purposes of safety and security."
Nice to see a government official with brains in his head.

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
All the states surrounding us have shut down non-essential businesses and issued stay home directives except for our state. Our executive council asked the governor yesterday to do the same but he doesn’t feel it’s necessary yet because in his mind there is not enough cases of the coronavirus to justify it. Of course there is already deaths and several hundred cases. But he is still buying the thought that the party platform in Washington is shoveling, instead of being realistic and proactive. Waiting until the numbers are high to shut down is a stupid approach. By then it is too late to slow it down.
In the same way that NH has a HIGHER seatbelt usage that the national average - WITHOUT a seatbelt law, most residences are already sheltering in.

We don't need to jump to every NY or MA action just because. We have fewer people on our streets and far less population.

Some states really need to be beaten over the head, some not as much.

Are you out partying? Are you waiting to be made to stay inside? Or are you using common sense?

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
The hospital my wife works at are out looking for .50 cent masks. I asked her why they don't have a room full of them? Several hundred thousand would fit in a small storage room.

Budget and regulations was the answer I got. I call BS on the first one (it is what they do) it IS the budget or should be anyway. So that is a hospital problem. She didn't explain the regulations involved, but said it was about dates and handling.

Hopefully there will be a top down review of the regulations that slowed all this up. Most of the problems with getting tests had nothing to do with the test, but US regulations that would not allow us to use the first ones out. Regulations can kill just as easily as they can help.

twomany

Equipment
B7200
Jul 10, 2017
Vermont
Every morning I wake up lately I'm praying this is just the worst nightmare I've ever had even though I know better. To make everything worst our health care don't have what they need to look after themselves let alone the public,I don't understand. All of a sudden both our governments have massive amounts of money to throw at this problem although to my knowledge no one has seen any of it yet. Why weren't there sufficient supplies in place? It's not as though they didn't have plenty of warning with the outbreak of other viruses throughout history. Piss poor management if you ask me and if I were running a business and this happened someone would be looking for a job. Ok, that's my rant for today, as you were. You need to look out for number one. Stay at home!!!
Why not enough supplies?

Past actions like this in 2015

(quote)

And we also discovered evidence from a New York State Health Department important report on why the decision was made to reject purchasing emergency ventilators.

The extra ventilators were not purchased due to funding concerns.

Page 30 of 272 pages.

The Cuomo Administration rejected the purchase of the ventilators and as The New York Times reported they focused on lotteries and death panels instead.

(end quote) https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/20...tead-invested-in-boondoggle-solar-panel-farm/

This is the FIRST real global threat since WW2, No one thought it would happen.

human nature....

Last edited by a moderator:

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
Why not enough supplies?

Past actions like this in 2015

(quote)

And we also discovered evidence from a New York State Health Department important report on why the decision was made to reject purchasing emergency ventilators.

The extra ventilators were not purchased due to funding concerns.

Page 30 of 272 pages.

The Cuomo Administration rejected the purchase of the ventilators and as The New York Times reported they focused on lotteries and death panels instead.

(end quote) https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/20...tead-invested-in-boondoggle-solar-panel-farm/

This is the FIRST real global threat since WW2, No one thought it would happen.

human nature....
And who do you believe? Sometimes it's hard to tell who's lying to you who's not. Bottom line is don't believe everything you read, seems as though everyone has an agenda these days.:rolleyes:

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/the-gateway-pundit/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Gateway_Pundit

Last edited by a moderator:

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Gee, I was appalled when the doctor in Wuhan was silenced by the Chinese government for sharing information with colleagues about the surge in cases of an unknown pneumonia. Guess what, it is happening here with regard to the shortages of hospital supplies.

https://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/927541

I saw a fb post from a nurse this morning discussing the situation in some Michigan hospitals. Not only were they short of ventilators masks and gowns, but also the anesthetic/ painkilling drugs to make intubation bearable. Even out of Tylenol. I imagine she will be out of work soon.

These shortages put the do not resuscitate question in a different light. If you are so sick that your heart stops, and there are none of the palliative drugs available, not sure I'd want to go on trying to live.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
As mentioned before, my wife is a nurse. The nursing home she works at was down to 2 bottles of lysol and almost out of Clorox wipes.

Employees are raiding their cupboards to keep the facility supplied until the shipment arrives next week.

I happen to have a habit of buying cleaning supplies in bulk from Sam's club. I also have a nasty habit of putting it under the sinks in the bathrooms and forgetting about them [emoji14]

Wife mentioned it last night about her work. I asked if she looked under the sinks and took stock what we had.

She took 3 tubs of clorox wipes and 2 cans of lysol into work with her this morning.

We kept the off brand wipes that were ammonia based plus 1 tub of clorox wipes for ourselves.

Plus 1 can of lysol.

And has anyone else noticed that there is a Ding Dong shortage??? :eek: :eek: :eek:

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

jabloomf1230

Equipment
B 3200
Sep 28, 2014
Voorheesville, NY
I see that North Idaho Wolfman has been busy editing out the absolute worst of the worst conspiracy theories. Unfortunately, some complete garbage is still leaking through. This is a tractor website. We're lucky that this thread was survived this long. It has useful information and opinions. Please be civil and think before you post.

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
Well another day and it still looks as though my worst fears are coming true. At this point days are turning into weeks and weeks months. Hard to imagine what it's gonna look like in another month. Be safe my friends. Please if you can, stay at home and it sure wouldn't hurt to say a couple prays for our health care workers along with our other essential workers, the true hero's.

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
Well another day and it still looks as though my worst fears are coming true. At this point days are turning into weeks and weeks months. Hard to imagine what it's gonna look like in another month. Be safe my friends. Please if you can, stay at home and it sure wouldn't hurt to say a couple prays for our health care workers along with our other essential workers, the true hero's.
People aren’t staying home. My past 3 weeks at work have been the busiest I have been in a while. We have been flooded with all these people that are off work, bringing stuff in that isn’t essential right now or recalls they have put off for years.

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
People aren’t staying home. My past 3 weeks at work have been the busiest I have been in a while. We have been flooded with all these people that are off work, bringing stuff in that isn’t essential right now or recalls they have put off for years.
Ain't no fixing stupid.:rolleyes:

NBKubota

Equipment
2650HSDC
Aug 3, 2017
New Brunswick
And this is exactly why we are going to be in this for a while yet. I mean really?

I figured the auto shops were open because if emergency vehicles, or other essential transportation needed service, it would be available.

One of my local dealers sent out one of those 'spam' texts reminding me to bring my vehicle in for an outstanding recall (tailgate latch issue). I mean I've owned the truck since new, going on 6 years. Does this really need to be done right now? Give your head a shake!

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Ticks me off that they would bring in their car and put you at risk. Maybe return it with the interior reeking of disinfectant spray? :D:D

Status
Not open for further replies.