Best place for parts?

PsRumors

Feb 21, 2016
Cartersville, Georgia
Working on refurbishing a L45 and looking to get what I consider a substantial amount of parts, hood, fenders and grill. Who are some good places to get quotes from to maximize any discounts available?

I already have an inquiry into my local Kubota dealer and Messicks

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
Working on refurbishing a L45 and looking to get what I consider a substantial amount of parts, hood, fenders and grill. Who are some good places to get quotes from to maximize any discounts available?

I already have an inquiry into my local Kubota dealer and Messicks
You will not find such parts anywhere besides a dealer or, perhaps, a salvage yard.

SDT

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I understand that. I am new to Kubota but in the JD world we have dealers that sell at better pricing than other dealers. And some dealers give specific discounts to forum members.
Yea not Kubota, all dealers are within pennies or each other most of the time.

Especially on hard to get parts (think almost every part on your L45)

Some will get a little better deal from a local dealer that they've worked with, but that's rare!

You might be able to save some if you tell the local dealer to put it on their stock order, that saves shipping costs.

Last edited:

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
That's a shame...maybe my local dealer will come through.

Messicks was dead on MSRP
Plus shipping, don't discount that............ Why I deal with my local dealer 99% of the time. That 1% is when a part is priced insane from Kubota, like Tie rod ends for my M's. Kubota price $159 bucks each, my dealer, whole goods stock order so no ship cost.

Mid States and Reliable on Flea Bay, 59 bucks each, free ship.

I think I'd peruse Flea Bay for my stuff if I were you but like NIW said, most likely your local dealer

.... and like JD, nothing OEM Kubota is a bargain. Nothing. I think JD is worse myself, I have some JD equipment.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Might contact, 007kubotaguy, on this forum by PM. He might have something that will work, or know who does.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Forgot about that. He might. I don't pay tax on parts anyway. It'a all ag and exempt.

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
Plus local sales tax....in this case, there is likely enough sales tax to cover shipping....of course if no one discounts Kubota OEM I'll be buying from a local dealer
Have your dealer put ALL parts on their next stock order.

Shipping will be much more than sales tax regardless of where you live.

SDT

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
Messicks quote $180 to ship to me, sales tax is $210 at my local dealer
Shipping from your dealer to you will be paid regardless of how your parts are ordered unless you pick the parts up yourself. My comment above regards shipping from Kubota to your dealer.

Your dealer will charge you shipping from Kubota to their site. You will pay this cost if you do not have your parts ordered on a dealer stock order and this cost will certainly exceed sales tax. There is no charge for shipping from Kubota to the dealer if parts are ordered on a dealer stock order.

BTDT.

SDT

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Shipping from your dealer to you will be paid regardless of how your parts are ordered unless you pick the parts up yourself. My comment above regards shipping from Kubota to your dealer.

Your dealer will charge you shipping from Kubota to their site. You will pay this cost if you do not have your parts ordered on a dealer stock order and this cost will certainly exceed sales tax. There is no charge for shipping from Kubota to the dealer if parts are ordered on a dealer stock order.

BTDT.

SDT
Exactly. How I order what I don't require instantly, always.

gkk2001

Equipment
F3680, L3800 HST
Aug 14, 2011
Central GA, USA
Only heads up I will add, be careful as some dealers, and I know of at least one near me, charge more than MSRP. It took me a little while to catch on but the high priced equipment is priced with a heavy discount.
Parts is where they are making the money. I can usually add exactly 25% over Messicks. It appears they took MSRP and put a multiplier of 1.25 on almost every part.

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
Only heads up I will add, be careful as some dealers, and I know of at least one near me, charge more than MSRP. It took me a little while to catch on but the high priced equipment is priced with a heavy discount.
Parts is where they are making the money. I can usually add exactly 25% over Messicks. It appears they took MSRP and put a multiplier of 1.25 on almost every part.
Bingo.

It does happen.

SDT