L2800,,, need connector

Boatman

Equipment
Kubota L2800, Kubota BX1870
Nov 26, 2016
Mill Spring, NC, US
I've been having trouble with my fuel solenoid and was just about to spend the money on a new unit. But then discovered if I wiggled the electrical connector it would energize. It looks like the female pins in the harness side connector need to be replaced. Looked on the parts fiche and don't see these parts available. Anyone have any idea where I can source new female pins?

I found this but the price is pretty steep and I'm not sure it comes with pins.

https://omegaparts.net/product/437920/

Jim L.

Jun 18, 2014
Texas
Sorry to not have an easy answer but maybe some pointers.

The link picture looks like a Sumitomo connector. Suggest looking at bmotorsports.com at connector CONN-100518 and see if that might match.

You will need a tool to get the pins to disengage. Plastic or metal. Then if you can get a look at the pins you will be able to measure in mmeters to size replacement pins.

I'm assuming that you do not have a correct crimper for the pins. You may have to solder the wire to the pin.

Other places to look for connectors, pins, seals, would be Mouser and Digikey.

100 td

Equipment
B21TLB (B21, TL421 & BT751) Toyota SDK4 T116 Bobcat
Aug 29, 2015
ɹǝpunuʍop
Something to try.........Using a fine jewelers screwdriver or similar, slide it in to the connector to release the pins, pull them out and carefully squeeze them down a bit so they connect/grab the solenoid pins with greater force.

Boatman

Equipment
Nov 26, 2016
Mill Spring, NC, US
Sorry to not have an easy answer but maybe some pointers.

The link picture looks like a Sumitomo connector. Suggest looking at bmotorsports.com at connector CONN-100518 and see if that might match.

You will need a tool to get the pins to disengage. Plastic or metal. Then if you can get a look at the pins you will be able to measure in mmeters to size replacement pins.

I'm assuming that you do not have a correct crimper for the pins. You may have to solder the wire to the pin.

Other places to look for connectors, pins, seals, would be Mouser and Digikey.

Thanks Jim. That is exactly the connector and they sell the pins separately which is great! And I do have the correct crimper

Boatman

Equipment
Nov 26, 2016
Mill Spring, NC, US
Something to try.........Using a fine jewelers screwdriver or similar, slide it in to the connector to release the pins, pull them out and carefully squeeze them down a bit so they connect/grab the solenoid pins with greater force.

Thanks... I've already done that and it bought some time. It looks like when the fuel solenoid was painted at the factory they didn't protect the male pins and they were painted. I cleaned them up but I think the paint in the female pins is now my culprit. So I would like to replace the pins.