Kubota B7100 Glow eye

troge

Nov 30, 2019
Norway
Does the power to the glowplugs go thru the glow eye? If the glow eye is burned off, will this stop the power to the glow plugs? Can I connect the 2 wires on the glow eye direct together so the power goes to the glowplugs ? will this damage the glowplugs?

Roadworthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2501 HST
Aug 17, 2019
Benton City, WA
I'm unfamiliar with the term "glow eye". If this is the heated wire indicator that the glow plugs have power then yes, it is in series with the glow plugs. They will work fine if you short across the indicator but you'll have no indication they have power. Going without the "glow eye" will shorten the life of the glow plugs as they are not a twelve volt device. They actually want 10.5 volts as a general rule - depending on brand and model of course. When the glow plugs do burn out you will have no indication of it, other than the tractor will become really hard to start. Feel free to ask me how I know. By the way, the series glow resistor may not be burnt out, it may just have really oxidized contacts.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I would suggest just buying a new glow plug indicator, I don't know about local shopping in norway, but you can get them off ebay or amazon or a Kubota dealer here in the states.

Just ask if you need part numbers or links to sales. ;)