Brake question

08quadram

Equipment
bx2350d; Taylor Way 48" tiller; Farm King 50" snow blower
Apr 28, 2014
strawberry point, ia
So, Last summer when I bought my bx2350, I didn't know that the brake didn't work until I got it home. Bought it at an auction. Tractor runs drives great (if you don't count the reverse stopping), but am thinking of things I want to fix. I know the headlight assembly is cracked, the hood has cracked/broken tabs for the wing nuts.

My question is, Is it worth fixing (and how much work) is really involved in fixing the brakes? I'm assuming that whoever owned it prior forgot to release the brakes. I've tried adjusting them, but it is beyond adjustment.

I have a manual, but looks like it is probably not worth it. I do not have anything more than a very gradual slope on my property. any implements I have attached do a great job of a parking brake. Pretty much the way I grew up with old tractors whose brakes didn't work well when new.

Love the little bugger tho.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
I know that my BX 2360 which is pretty much the same thing with different metal and plastic, the only time I use the brake is when Im setting the park brake. Other wise it just the motor and transmission and YEAH its worth fixing. ANd let me know when your going to be home I ll drive down and pick up that junk snowblower for you,, I mean you aint gona need it in da swamp der are ys brodder,, :)

Last edited:

bxray

Equipment
Bx25d
Dec 1, 2014
Cleveland, ohio
I do not use the brakes much with hst.
You can put in the other direction to stop.
But when you need them you need them.
Like a kid running in your way!
Or get a rock on a chain and kick it off when needed!

steve s

Equipment
BX2350
Jan 22, 2020
ARGYLE, TX. US
So, Last summer when I bought my bx2350, I didn't know that the brake didn't work until I got it home. Bought it at an auction. Tractor runs drives great (if you don't count the reverse stopping), but am thinking of things I want to fix. I know the headlight assembly is cracked, the hood has cracked/broken tabs for the wing nuts.

My question is, Is it worth fixing (and how much work) is really involved in fixing the brakes? I'm assuming that whoever owned it prior forgot to release the brakes. I've tried adjusting them, but it is beyond adjustment.

I have a manual, but looks like it is probably not worth it. I do not have anything more than a very gradual slope on my property. any implements I have attached do a great job of a parking brake. Pretty much the way I grew up with old tractors whose brakes didn't work well when new.

Love the little bugger tho.
my 2350's brake pedal won't rise back up to a neutral position when I apply the brakes. Any suggestions?

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
Put new return springs on.

Find the supports/bushing/bearing the shaft rotates in and grease it or clean it or remove the rust so it rotates easily.

Look where the linkage attaches and goes into the brake area and spray that penetration with rust remover and lubricants
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited: