Go Back   OrangeTractorTalks - Everything Kubota > Kubota Talk > Tractor Operating

Tractor Operating Wondering what that strange lever does, how to safely hill climb or get into 4WD? Discover and share how to get the most out of your tractor.

Old 1 Week Ago   #81
nota4re

1st Yr. Apprentice

Equipment: L2501
Default Re: Kubota L2501 - initial review

Thanks to this thread, I was able to send my dealer some pics and explain what and why shield should still be there (and isn't). He was VERY apologetic, absolutely agrees, and says they had a new guy doing that and he made a mistake. They want to come out (50 miles) and install it and I told them to just send it to me. Great forum. Now I feel like my 2501 is missing its loin cloth.
nota4re is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links  
Advertisement
Old 1 Week Ago   #82
Nicfin36
1st Yr. Apprentice

Equipment: L2501 HST, BH77 Backhoe, QA Loader

Quote:
Originally Posted by troverman View Post
The reason could be the bolts. It looks like the factory bolts that go through the guard might not be long enough to go through the brush guard AND bumper. The dealer might have to supply 4 new longer bolts and possibly they are too cheap or lazy.

Blondie70 further back up the thread said he bought and installed his guard. No mention of bolts being too short. Perhaps he can enlighten us on whether or not longer bolts were needed.
Nicfin36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #83
nota4re

1st Yr. Apprentice

The plate looks to be about 1/8" steel so I would doubt that new attachment hardware would be needed.
nota4re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 Days Ago   #84
SBVERNON

Equipment: l3010

Why not relocate the switch?
SBVERNON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 Days Ago   #85
troverman
4th Yr. Apprentice

Equipment: 2019 L2501 HST, 2018 MX4800 HST, 2013 B2920 HST (Traded), 2002 L4310 GST (Sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nota4re View Post
The plate looks to be about 1/8" steel so I would doubt that new attachment hardware would be needed.
So I got my new bumper guard from the dealer today. It was $44. They had two L2501 machines out front, and neither of them had the bumper. As such, they were not receptive to the idea of paying for the cost of mine. They acted like they had not seen such a piece before. Oh well.

By the way, I put it on the micrometer and the bumper is 1/4" plate...quite rugged, actually.

Also picked up engine oil and filter, plus hydraulic and HST filters. Take care of the 50 hour service.
troverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 Days Ago   #86
Oliver
2nd Yr. Apprentice

Quote:
So I got my new bumper guard from the dealer today. It was $44. They had two L2501 machines out front, and neither of them had the bumper. As such, they were not receptive to the idea of paying for the cost of mine. They acted like they had not seen such a piece before.....
On Kubota's website (if I'm looking correctly) the base tractors appear to have the guard. https://www.kubotausa.com/products/tractors/compact/l01

Just for the heck of it I may swing by the local dealer and check their L01's to see if they have them or not.
Oliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 Days Ago   #87
mdhughes

4th Yr. Apprentice

Equipment: L3901DT

Quote:
So I got my new bumper guard from the dealer today. It was $44. They had two L2501 machines out front, and neither of them had the bumper. As such, they were not receptive to the idea of paying for the cost of mine. They acted like they had not seen such a piece before. Oh well.
Did the two L2501s they had have FEL on them?
Quick-On Back Hoe Bucket Connector
BB1266 box blade
WoodMaxx WM-8m
Titan 42" pallet forks
Bush Hog 50-03 tiller
mdhughes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 Days Ago   #88
troverman
4th Yr. Apprentice

Equipment: 2019 L2501 HST, 2018 MX4800 HST, 2013 B2920 HST (Traded), 2002 L4310 GST (Sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdhughes View Post
Did the two L2501s they had have FEL on them?
Yes they did have loaders.
troverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 Days Ago   #89
Fordtech86
4th Yr. Apprentice

Equipment: L3200,la525,LP 5’bushhog,LP 5’disc,LP boxblade,2bottom plow,40 gal sprayer

I asked the guy I worked with if his 2501 had it and he confirmed it did. His was bought from a different dealer then mine was. Seems to be a thing with the dealers installing the loader and brush guard throwing the bumper out.
Fordtech86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 Days Ago   #90
Nicfin36
1st Yr. Apprentice

Equipment: L2501 HST, BH77 Backhoe, QA Loader

Quote:

By the way, I put it on the micrometer and the bumper is 1/4" plate...quite rugged, actually.

Also picked up engine oil and filter, plus hydraulic and HST filters. Take care of the 50 hour service.
That sounds like a load of BS they gave you. The part obviously exists and is missing from your tractor, and yet it is your problem? I was almost able to swing by the dealer today and ask about the plate on mine. I was running late for something more urgent and never made it. I intend to tomorrow. I am curious as to what I am told.
Nicfin36 is offline   Reply With Quote