Equipment
L3800
Dec 17, 2019
Central KY
How wide?

Great question... 6" ?
Why didn't you just put duals on it?
Cost, for one.

Second, is that with duals, your effective width changes dynamically with the ground contour, as a high spot might contact only the inside wheel, vs the outside wheel. Such as going over a rock on the highside, and suddenly your effective width shortens by a foot and the CG swings quickly.

Or at least that is my understanding.

My land is all slope and rocks, so really just trying to maximize the safety curve. I've had this tractor for 8 years on the hills before the spacers - can't wait for things to dry off a bit and see how much it re-calibrates the pucker meter.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Cost, for one.

Second, is that with duals, your effective width changes dynamically with the ground contour, as a high spot might contact only the inside wheel, vs the outside wheel. Such as going over a rock on the highside, and suddenly your effective width shortens by a foot and the CG swings quickly.

Or at least that is my understanding.

My land is all slope and rocks, so really just trying to maximize the safety curve. I've had this tractor for 8 years on the hills before the spacers - can't wait for things to dry off a bit and see how much it re-calibrates the pucker meter.
Fair enough just wondered.

Your a little off on the thinking about the rock on the inside dual, your still wide on the opposite side which is the side that would be downhill from the rock if that's what you were worried about.

Think of what happens when you hit a rock with your extended wheel now, same thing as having a dual inside wheel hit that same rock.

Duals are actually better than just spacing in this case because, not only are you adding width, but with them loaded you would also be adding LC ballast to keep it stable. ;)

whisky72

Dec 27, 2019
hudson, wi
Hoping you might be able to answer a question for me. Looking to purchase a b2301 or 2601 with mmm. Thinking spacers would help with stability. Kubota Dealer says cannot put spacers on with the mower deck. Do you have any idea if spacers could be put on?