Kubota tractors disign for hills is missing

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
I for one would like to see pictures of the land frank is talking about. I have a hard time thinking it's any steeper than the hills we have here in the coal country. But then I really don't know nor has he explained what hes doing on these hills but maybe I missed that part.
Pictures mate they always make things easyer,,sometimes,,lol

jstarkey

Equipment
B2320
Dec 9, 2012
Templeton, Massachusetts
I'm interesting in this issue as I work a lot on hilly spots and swampy areas of my 20 acres. I have a new ( to me ) B2320 with a loader and loaded industrial tires ( 12x16.5 ) My old tractor ( JD650 ) had loaded turf tires but no loader. It had a very big "footprint" which , along with weights on the front and rear, seemed to give me a lot of traction and stability.

I want to do the same for my new Kubota. The loader is great for traction and but adds some instability when raised. I added a weight box on the rear but I'm looking for suggestions for "fat" turf tires that I can load up. What are my options? Best place to buy tires and rims? The wider the better. I can always use chains for pushing snow.

I know that there is no substitute for being very careful on hills and knowing what your tractor can do.

Regards, James

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
I wouldn't want turf tires on hilly or swampy ground. I loaded my (R1) rear tires on my L3000 and it made a huge difference on the hills. I bet wheel weights would make it even better. If I had bad hills I would add the extra weight but just loading them worked out fine for me. I see no reason why a Kubota if the tires are set out wide and loaded would be any different than any other brand. I think some of the problem people run into is when they compair a BX kubota to a 50hp tractor of another color. When doing that the Kubota never stands a chance.