Poor design 54" mower deck on Bx 2360

Frank Peters

Equipment
Mower Bx 2360
Jul 27, 2012
Moe Victoria Australia
Hi all,
I have bought Kubota Bx 2360 with 54" mid mower as a replacement for Arians Gt17. It was a great mower and so advanced for 25 years old machine.Mowing deck adjustment were perfect and I mainly used the float settings. Now with Kubota I am disappointed how primitive setup this machine has. The dial up contraption is a disaster and operating 3PH and mower is so primitive for relatively expensive machine. Tractor it self is good and proven quality. Owners manual lack clear explanation how to adjust mower heights outside of the 4 steps as my is still too high even in lowest No1. The belt is not completely covered and easily damaged from debris.
The deflector flop has no lifting mechanism and it is necessary after market modification. ROPE is not foldable and no option to change on new machine.
No toolbox installed, I just put one behind the seat today. So my opinion is this. It is good machine except the mower deck and lack of competition has taken pressure from Kubota to improve and justify the high cost of product and spare parts. I have started to rectify the short comings and I am going to do what should be done by Kubota in first place. My Kubota dealer is a very good and reliable business and very helpful in all respects. That is a big +. Regards Frank

birddogger

May 29, 2011
Pittsburgh
That's very odd, we have a 2360 but it has none of those problems. The ROP folds, so that must be something mandated by your local regulations. Our mower height is nearly infinite between high and low settings, maybe 1/4 inch clicks. The partly exposed belt catching debris? well this is a finish mower not a brush hog, meant to be used in a fairly well groomed situations. As to the lowest setting, I think to get that you need to change the height of the wheels on the main unit to suit.