How to make the best adjustment

Kendrix

Equipment
BX23S, Excavator, Loader, Snow Blowing
Apr 23, 2019
PA
Hello Everyone. It is that time of year for most with an abundance of snow inbound.

This year will be the first time using my BX23s with the front end snow blower attachment. How should I adjust the skid shoes on the snow blower? I was not able to find anything related via my search on this forum. I am not able to locate any online videos explaining the procedure on how to adjust these? I see on walk behind snow blowers, homeowners were placing cardboard under the blade part, and dropped the skid shoes to the pavement/floor and called it a day. Is this the same type of procedure with the front end snow blower attachment for the bx23s?

dlsmith

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2230, LA211
Nov 15, 2018
Goshen, IN
It will probably depend on whether you are using it on a paved surface or gravel.
On my asphalt drive I set it at 1/4", but a lot use wears the shoes down pretty fast and they need to be reset or replaced.
On a gravel drive you'll probably need a little more gap, depending on whether it's loose gravel or a compacted base.
You can always start with a little higher setting and lower it down to get the result you want.

Kendrix

Equipment
BX23S, Excavator, Loader, Snow Blowing
Apr 23, 2019
PA
This is on asphalt. are you taking a 1/4" bar and setting it under the blade and lowering it down and setting the skid shoes?

torch

Equipment
B7100HSD, B2789, B2550, B4672, 48" cultivator, homemade FEL and Cab
Jun 10, 2016
Muskoka, Ont.
Set it with some clearance (as above) until you have a base established. Then reduce the clearance to 0. Otherwise, the layer of snow and ice just keeps getting thicker and thicker...

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
yes, 1/4" 'gauge' goes under the cutter bar.

put on level ground, loosen the shoe bolts, place 1/4" gauges under cutter bar, tighten shoe bolts

at 1/4", the sun warms up the pavement,melts the snow/ice,welll WHEN the sun comes out......funny how many cloudy days there are in Winter though !

Reactions: 1 user