Urban Elk

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
37 miles south of my place in the high country is the little town of Pine, AZ.
I stopped at the local grocery and when I left, this big boy was eating grass in the front yard of the home diagonally opposite the grocery. I shot the pics from the shoulder of Hwy 87, a very busy highway - broad daylight, cars & people everywhere. Apparently he has been hanging around in town for about a month.

Attachments

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Nice. Elk tend to be fearless creatures.

Here in Michigan we have them in the north central part of the State and they are protected by law. You can only hunt them with a special (and hard to get permit) and poaching them gets you serious jail time.

Elk are native to the Eastern states but were driven out west by the influx of people destroying their natural habitat up here (urbanization). Like deer, they have adapted. Unlike deer, the meat tastes better.:D

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
They have a strange looking guard dog. :p

gssixgun

Equipment
L3600, FEL, SnoBlower, Box Blade, Rear Blade, Forks, Cultivator, Plow
Jan 5, 2013
Sandpoint ID
www.gemstarcustoms.com
More and more we are seeing all sorts of animals in Suburbia

We have a few moose up here that hang out in the town, many people don't understand just how dangerous a Mama Moose can be

My Sis has had a Bear in her back yard for over a week in the center of Loveland CO.

Heads out at night raids the neighborhood and crawls back under or up her tree in the morning.

The best part was when DOW left it up the tree on Halloween Night even with all the kids walking through the neighborhood..

We expect it at our place but we are Rural