B6200 HST Need Front Mount Blower

JamesT.

Nov 15, 2019
Prescott, Ont. Canada
Went to the local Dealer and told not made anymore, Searched for sale but at this point hopeless because I am not sure what I need. From what I have read so far I can go up to 53" but as far as subframe and drive shafts I don't have a clue. Any help greatly appreciated.

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
James
I tried to help a friend mount a front blower on a B7100HST.

Luckily his tractor had a mid pto. Other tractors used V belts and an electric clutch on the front of the engine to power the blower

Torch, a forum member, provided an Owners' manual and photos to help.

I ordered the frame mounting parts from Messicks with delivery to Ogdensburg.

Excited with this easy solution I drove for an hour to pick them up. Out of caution, I opened the packages before crossing the border. Everything was wrong. Kubota had re-used the part numbers. The proper parts, regardless of number, were not available. For example, instead of a 4' long heavy frame piece I received a filter-strainer.

In the end, the amount of fabrication we would have had to do was too much.

I could not find a used front mount kit.

There are company's like Smyth Welding who will do custom work to mount a front blower on small tractors but the cost was around $10,000 I think.

A three point hitch snow blower will work well on your tractor.

Dave

Attachments

JamesT.

Nov 15, 2019
Prescott, Ont. Canada
James
I tried to help a friend mount a front blower on a B7100HST.

Luckily his tractor had a mid pto. Other tractors used V belts and an electric clutch on the front of the engine to power the blower

Torch, a forum member, provided an Owners' manual and photos to help.

I ordered the frame mounting parts from Messicks with delivery to Ogdensburg.

Excited with this easy solution I drove for an hour to pick them up. Out of caution, I opened the packages before crossing the border. Everything was wrong. Kubota had re-used the part numbers. The proper parts, regardless of number, were not available. For example, instead of a 4' long heavy frame piece I received a filter-strainer.

In the end, the amount of fabrication we would have had to do was too much.

I could not find a used front mount kit.

There are company's like Smyth Welding who will do custom work to mount a front blower on small tractors but the cost was around $10,000 I think.

A three point hitch snow blower will work well on your tractor.

Dave
Thanks Dave !

I think I traced down the subframe assembly North of Boston on Craigslist but so far I have not gotten a reply. I appreciate the picture at least it's a start. The dealer in Winchester
quoted around 5K. to go new but was ball parking because he had no way to know how much modification of drive shaft's would be.

oldryder

Equipment
b2410
Apr 23, 2017
Avon
I wanted to find a front mount snowblower for my B2410.

I used "searchtempest.com" to look for one available anywhere in the states. Didn't take long to find one. Also did the research to identify the appropriate subframe.

Big plus was learning I could ship a snowblower and subframe on a pallet from any Fastenal Store to any other Fastenal store for $200, less than half the cost of an LTL shipment. Took about a week.

The snowblower and subframe cost, plus the shipping, and the four hyd quick connects I had to buy was all less than $1300.

mark in MN

b6100bob

Equipment
b6100d hst
Mar 16, 2016
hudson,wi
Spotted on Minneapolis Craigslist a while a model 248B snowblower set up, I did call him and talk it was missing the electric clutch set up. Really was not going to work for me, I have a loader with a hydraulic pump driven off the front of my crankshaft already, one could fabricate a clutch. Send me private message , I will send you his cell , to see if he sold it.