Interchangeability of Snowblowers

Gene Blister

Equipment
2019 Kubota B2601, FAL LA435, Snow Blower BX2822A, Land Pride rear blade RB1572
Aug 4, 2019
Cocolalla, Idaho
It’s time to put the FEL away for the year and get my snow blower attached.

Bessie II is a new B2601 and I purchased the BX2822 55” commercial snow blower and the LandPride RB 1572 6’ back blade. I’m going to get a 1-2 punch by pulling snow to the center of the roads then blowing the windrow piles with the auger.

(The blade will be turned 180 deg. as suggested by CCoon520 on 9-27-19.)

This should keep the edges of my driveway and other pathways free of berms and build up. At the end of last year the sides were so narrow I couldn’t get out of the driveway.

However I just looked at The Mindful Homestead youtube video review of the BX2822 blower

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGWB1BYr280

and I realized it’s on a BX model, not the B. Is this going to mess with my PTO drive length, ability to attach the mid pto to the B3410 sub frame and hitch and the B3411 drive “K” connector? The equipment has been sitting in storage all summer and this will be the first opportunity I've taken to look it over before the snow flies.

Somebody quiet my Worry Monster and tell me I haven’t made a really dumb mistake and that this attachment installation will go smooth and easy. I mean, my dealer certainly wouldn’t have just thrown something in the delivery trailer. All the stuff has to work together.:confused:

orange crusher

Equipment
BX 2680
Sep 30, 2017
ontario canada
I have the same blower on my BX2680 and both my sub frame and K drive start with model# 28 so my guess is your dealer is spot on with your set up. Your gonna love the blower and you will see no real need for the back blade to do what you are going to use it for. That blower slings snow a really long distance on is own.

sn0wman72

Nov 16, 2019
Plain, WA
The BX2822 blower is the one that is spec'd with a B2601 tractor, you should be good to go

Sounds like a nice set up, let us know how you like it

japollner

Equipment
BX2380
Jul 23, 2018
GREENFIELD

Bessie II is a new B2601 and I purchased the BX2822 55” commercial snow blower and the LandPride RB 1572 6’ back blade. I’m going to get a 1-2 punch by pulling snow to the center of the roads then blowing the windrow piles with the auger.

This should keep the edges of my driveway and other pathways free of berms and build up. At the end of last year the sides were so narrow I couldn’t get out of the driveway.

However I just looked at The Mindful Homestead youtube video review of the BX2822 blower

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGWB1BYr280

and I realized it’s on a BX model, not the B. Is this going to mess with my PTO drive length, ability to attach the mid pto to the B3410 sub frame and hitch and the B3411 drive “K” connector? The equipment has been sitting in storage all summer and this will be the first opportunity I've taken to look it over before the snow flies.

Somebody quiet my Worry Monster and tell me I haven’t made a really dumb mistake and that this attachment installation will go smooth and easy. I mean, my dealer certainly wouldn’t have just thrown something in the delivery trailer. All the stuff has to work together.:confused:
Hey there! I'm the guy from Mindful Homestead video!

To my knowledge, the blower works on a B series as well, but there are some changes to the PTO shaft length and possibly the spline shaft on the rear of the hitch. Your dealer should know which parts you need to run it on your specific tractor, so if you had them put together the setup, it should be all good!

rba8053

Equipment
B2320
Mar 8, 2022
Denver, CO

I know this is an old thread, but I just purchased a B2320 and found a great deal on an almost new BX2822. Gene Blister, did you get everything working on your B2601? I know my subframe and k connector will be a different part from you 2601, but did you need anything extra to connect up the snowblower? I think my connect hitch is B2733 and 2731. Did the Mid-pto drive kit for your B2601 model work on the BX2822? The local dealer is saying they are having a tough time piecing together the right parts, so wanted to give them any information I could from someone who did attach this to a B Series tractor. Thanks!

Gene Blister

Equipment
2019 Kubota B2601, FAL LA435, Snow Blower BX2822A, Land Pride rear blade RB1572
Aug 4, 2019
Cocolalla, Idaho
Hi! My K Connect slipped on like a glove, just be aware that the long heavy rods which secure it go into a specific side of the frame; otherwise you can’t get the R spring cotter pins inserted to secure the rods in place.
No special adapters needed for the PTO center drive connection.
I absolutely love the thing!