B2650/Cab - Front Wiper Motor???

PHPaul

Equipment
B2650, Pronovost snow blower, Landpride rotary mower, Howard tiller, box blade
Apr 2, 2015
Downeast Maine
www.eastovershoe.com
Got our annual Big Sloppy Wet March Snowstorm today.

Neighbor had a tree split and come down across the driveway. Asked me to bring my tractor and shove it out of the way enough so he can get out until he gets a chance to cut it up.

In the process, must have hooked a branch into my front wiper blade. It's now well down past the horizontal on the right side...about 4 o'clock as you look at it from the driver's seat.

Moved it back up to the normal position, didn't feel the resistance I expected. Tried it and it just flopped back over to the right side.

I'm thinking I broke a shaft or stripped a gear. The WSM isn't very helpful other than how to remove/replace it.

Anybody had one apart? I'm hoping for a stripped plastic gear or something that can be replaced relatively inexpensively. New motor is a bit over $100 plus shipping.

Last edited:

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Paul - check the parts diagrams; might help.

https://apps.kubotausa.com/illustrated-parts/

I'm not smart enough to post them here, but I found the Wipers under the "Electrical" section for the B2650HSDC. I'm wondering if you just stripped the Wiper itself, and not the Motor?

PHPaul

Equipment
Apr 2, 2015
Downeast Maine
www.eastovershoe.com
Paul - check the parts diagrams; might help.

https://apps.kubotausa.com/illustrated-parts/

I'm not smart enough to post them here, but I found the Wipers under the "Electrical" section for the B2650HSDC. I'm wondering if you just stripped the Wiper itself, and not the Motor?
Yeah, I found that. Hoping it's just a stripped wiper, I'll post back after I get it apart and look at it.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Yeah, I found that. Hoping it's just a stripped wiper, I'll post back after I get it apart and look at it.
Gotcha -

I was tempted to look at the motor P/N price on Messick's....I'm betting Kubota is pretty proud of them.:eek:

Keeping my fingers crossed it's the wiper!

Ping

Equipment
BX2370-1
Dec 25, 2018
Troy, Ohio
PHPaul
You might try pulling the wiper arm off the shaft and running the wiper. If the shaft waves back and forth without hesitation you may have gotten lucky and stripped the splines off the zinc/aluminum arm and hopefully not the brass splined shaft.
Otherwise, either it's shucked teeth off the spur gear, wollered out the D shaped drive feature for the shaft and or sheared off the drive pin.
The above is based on aftermarket wiper assemblies so the Kubota may be a little different.

Good luck

PHPaul

Equipment
Apr 2, 2015
Downeast Maine
www.eastovershoe.com
PHPaul
You might try pulling the wiper arm off the shaft and running the wiper. If the shaft waves back and forth without hesitation you may have gotten lucky and stripped the splines off the zinc/aluminum arm and hopefully not the brass splined shaft.
Otherwise, either it's shucked teeth off the spur gear, wollered out the D shaped drive feature for the shaft and or sheared off the drive pin.
The above is based on aftermarket wiper assemblies so the Kubota may be a little different.

Good luck
Best case is the stripped spline in the wiper arm. No time to get to it today, but I'll pull it in the garage tomorrow and investigate. I'll post back what I find.

Messick's has the whole motor for $108 plus shipping. Makes that $40 the guy gave me for moving the tree look kinda puny...:eek:

Ping

Equipment
BX2370-1
Dec 25, 2018
Troy, Ohio
Reason i think wiper arm may be best case is i doubt you can find the small replacement parts (spur gear, drive pin) for sale. Hoping for the best.
Yea, and, no good deed goes unpunished!

Last edited:

PHPaul

Equipment
Apr 2, 2015
Downeast Maine
www.eastovershoe.com
Well...Good News/Bad News.

Good News is that it just stripped out the pot metal splines on the wiper arm.

Bad News is, a new arm is $65 with shipping. Checked Messicks, Colemans and the local dealer and it's pretty much a wash by the time you figure in 2 hours of my time to go get it and gas for a 120 mile round trip.

UPS will drop it at my door.

Ping

Equipment
BX2370-1
Dec 25, 2018
Troy, Ohio
PHPaul,
I would suspect you could find one a whole lot cheaper on Amazon or Fleabay. I didn't pay that for my pantograph arm assembly.
Glad its not the motor assembly.
Regards.