B7500 owners

mikkeeh

Aug 28, 2013
Mount Vernon Ohio
Could someone please take a measurement of the lift arm height in the full up position. Was having some problems as I think the arms were going too high. I made a change, and I’m not sure they’re high enough now. Thanks

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
Search for Spiro’s thread in the buying advice forum

He purchased a used (640hrs) 2003 b7500 HST so may be able to help

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
No love? Would sure help me out.
We all love you :)

The lift arms are raised by a hydraulic cylinder, probably inside the tractor, and forcing on the upper arms.

This is not your tractor but similar to help you get a mental image.

The cylinder will go as far as it physically can bottoming out when it reaches the end of its stroke.

Reaching the end of the stroke is not a problem in the same way a front end loader's cylinders reach the end of their respective strokes and stop moving. At this point, the hydraulic system's relief valve kicks in to prevent damage to the hydraulic system. An operator does not and should not keep applying pressure to the cylinders once they have reached the end of their stroke.

The issue is that forcing the hydraulic system to protect itself by discharging fluid through the relief valve starts to heat up the fluid and this heat can be damaging if allowed to continue.

With the 3 pt hitch, an operator raises the arms to the full up position. At this moment, there is no need for more hydraulic fluid nor pressure. The valve controlling the hydraulic flow to the 3 pt hitch cylinder must be "told," that the cylinder does not need more. This is done with the feedback rod.
This too will not be exactly the same as your tractor.

The rod should be adjusted so that the flow to the 3 pt hitch stops a tiny bit before the lift arms reach the maximum height

Kubotabooks.com has WSM (Work shop manuals) for the B7100 and would be a good reference for you.
http://kubotabooks.com/AutoIndex/index.php?dir=Tractor Owners Manuals/

I have a WSM for a B7410, 7510, 7610. If you need, send me a private message.

If you need more love just ask.

Dave

Last edited:

mikkeeh

Aug 28, 2013
Mount Vernon Ohio
Thanks Dave.....I feel much better:j.
Here’s my situation. I’ll use your diagram to explain, although mine is a little different. On mine the lift arm (16) is retained on the shaft by snap rings and a groove in the shaft. When moving snow with a back blade....when lifted to full height, it forces the left side adjustable link into the rops, thus causing a bind, and popping off the snap ring......which results in the shaft moving to one side, and if you don’t catch it....the lift arm separating from the shaft.
I moved both arms one spline down on the shaft, thus eliminating the binding problem, but I’m concerned now I won’t have enough lift for my bush hog in the spring.....should that ever arrive. One spline makes a huge difference in the total lift height at the end of the arms.
Any thoughts appreciated.

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Thanks Dave.....I feel much better:j.
Here’s my situation. I’ll use your diagram to explain, although mine is a little different. On mine the lift arm (16) is retained on the shaft by snap rings and a groove in the shaft. When moving snow with a back blade....when lifted to full height, it forces the left side adjustable link into the rops, thus causing a bind, and popping off the snap ring......which results in the shaft moving to one side, and if you don’t catch it....the lift arm separating from the shaft.
I moved both arms one spline down on the shaft, thus eliminating the binding problem, but I’m concerned now I won’t have enough lift for my bush hog in the spring.....should that ever arrive. One spline makes a huge difference in the total lift height at the end of the arms.
Any thoughts appreciated.
Lets talk about the simple but critically important item, the snap ring.

Many owners do not realize that the snap ring must go on in a certain way so that it is not pushed off by by axial forces.

This Kubota illustration shows the beveled edge snap ring which is what is used to hold on the lift arms. If you install the snap ring with the bevel on the outside, it will always be coming off.

This is what I did when I found the max lift height on my snowblower was too low.

Then after the work:

If your bush hog is too low, the above is an easy option.

I suggest first you make certain you have the feedback rod properly adjusted and the spring clip on the correct way. Getting a new spring clip at a bearing shop would be prudent. Also ckeck the groove to make certain the outside face of its groove is not distorted. If it is a thin file will fix it.

Dave

mikkeeh

Aug 28, 2013
Mount Vernon Ohio
Dave
Thanks for the info, but I’m familiar with proper orientation of snap rings.
I’m sure I could weld some plate on my bush hog..
..but my intent of the post was to find out what lift arm height is supposed to be, in the event some of my 3 pt components had been changed. Much easier than modifying my equipment.

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Dave
Thanks for the info, but I’m familiar with proper orientation of snap rings.
I’m sure I could weld some plate on my bush hog..
..but my intent of the post was to find out what lift arm height is supposed to be, in the event some of my 3 pt components had been changed. Much easier than modifying my equipment.
What you need to appreciate is that you will not find what you are looking for unless someone has the exact tires and in the state of wear of yours.

The connection between the upper lift arm and lower lift arms are adjustable.
Often there is only adjustment on one side but some owners put the same adjustable link on both sides so they can get the arms to the level they are needed.

Dave