Oil leaking from front axle driveshaft.

Firefighterontheside

Equipment
1997 Kubota L4200
May 24, 2018
DeSoto Mo USA
Is this 90w oil from the front axle or is this hydraulic fluid from trans? How difficult to fix? Is this something I can do? I did some searching and I saw similar post that said it is not a big deal, but it wasn’t specific to my L4200. Thanks for any input.

eserv

Equipment
BX24, A1000 Kubota Generator
May 27, 2009
Hardisty, Alberta
Is this 90w oil from the front axle or is this hydraulic fluid from trans? How difficult to fix? Is this something I can do? I did some searching and I saw similar post that said it is not a big deal, but it wasn’t specific to my L4200. Thanks for any input.
Slide the drive shaft cover off both ends then watch which end the oil flows from. Likely the transmission end. There is a sleeve on that drive shaft that often works out of place allowing oil to leak out. Contact your dealer, there was a bulletin about it.

Firefighterontheside

Equipment
1997 Kubota L4200
May 24, 2018
DeSoto Mo USA
So it could be oil or hyd fluid depending on which end it’s coming from? This thing is over 20 years old. Is a dealer going to help me, other than to sell me parts or put it in their shop?

eserv

Equipment
BX24, A1000 Kubota Generator
May 27, 2009
Hardisty, Alberta
So it could be oil or hyd fluid depending on which end it’s coming from? This thing is over 20 years old. Is a dealer going to help me, other than to sell me parts or put it in their shop?
Hopefully they can still get you the parts to fix it! You could make your own though! It is just a section of tubing that goes over the drive shaft to hold the sleeve in. They won't do it for free but it isn't a huge job either, you just need to force that sleeve back into place and then install the tube to hold it.