V2203 injection pump?

BI Trencher

Equipment
Case 560 trencher/ V2203, L225, M4050, M4500DT
Mar 2, 2019
WPA
I have a Case 560 trencher, actually if I can get it running it’s mine. Anyway it has a V2203 engine. It is only running on cyl 1 and 2. When I went to bleed the injection lines at the pump cyl 1 and 2 will spirt out but on cyl 3 and 4 it just slowly dribbles out, same at the injectors.

This is my first time working on a Kubota engine. I am a good wrench, I just figured I would post here before I tore too many things apart and I didn’t have to. The machine is 40 minutes away so I try to have a plan before I head up to work on it.

I will answer some questions so you don’t have to ask.

No I have not changed the fuel filters....I figured since fuel flowed out at the injection pump it was good enough for starting. I am going change them next visit.

I checked the valve clearance, all are set at .008

Thanks for reading

eserv

Equipment
BX24, A1000 Kubota Generator
May 27, 2009
Hardisty, Alberta
I have a Case 560 trencher, actually if I can get it running it***8217;s mine. Anyway it has a V2203 engine. It is only running on cyl 1 and 2. When I went to bleed the injection lines at the pump cyl 1 and 2 will spirt out but on cyl 3 and 4 it just slowly dribbles out, same at the injectors.

This is my first time working on a Kubota engine. I am a good wrench, I just figured I would post here before I tore too many things apart and I didn***8217;t have to. The machine is 40 minutes away so I try to have a plan before I head up to work on it.

I will answer some questions so you don***8217;t have to ask.

No I have not changed the fuel filters....I figured since fuel flowed out at the injection pump it was good enough for starting. I am going change them next visit.

I checked the valve clearance, all are set at .008

Thanks for reading
Are the delivery valves tight? ( the nut on the top of the injection pump below the injector lines) If these are loose they will deliver poorly to the injectors. People sometimes loosen these inadvertently when trying to bleed the system. There is a torque spec for them but it is safe just to tighten them down if you are reasonable with the wrench! Otherwise something must be haywire inside the injection pump itself.