WTS: 42" bush hog

sdk1968

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2601HSD & CK4010HST 4WD/FEL
Oct 19, 2016
Ohio
hey everybody... gonna put my 42" hog up for sale.

got a 48" to use on the way from a fellow member here.

this is a great little hog for BX's & B's!!

6100, 7100, 7200, B2601's & just about any of the BX series!

it only takes about 10hp at the PTO & handles up to 40hp

got about 18hrs of use on it so obviously its gained the usual scratches & scuffs.

will make someone a good deal on it & if it has to ship you can pick from fastenal or R&L... both are local to me & easy to deal with.

heres a pic of it washed up & a pic on my B2601 for reference..

Price is $550

paypal, cash or EFT.

gonna put it on CL as well.

let me know in this thread if you need to contact me.

Attachments

Last edited:

jetattblue

Equipment
BX1800; L2550
Mar 14, 2018
Arlington, TX
I'd be interested in speaking with you about it. I've been looking for a 42" for a BX1800; I'm just not sure what the freight would be. Please reach me at:

j-jeter
(at) live
dottcomm

or let me know how I can contact you.
Justin

MODERATOR EDITED.... see sticky top of page for reasons.

Last edited by a moderator:

sdk1968

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Oct 19, 2016
Ohio
i'll also send you a PM...

freight is not too bad from fastenal to fastenal.. or ive got an R&L carriers real close by as well.

this would be a great hog for a BX & i would love to see a board member here get it.

pm incoming.

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Why can't stuff like this ever be in AZ:D?

sdk1968

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Oct 19, 2016
Ohio
lilfoot: it CAN be in AZ if you want it to be. :D

ive not listed this on CL or fleabay yet... wanted the community here to have first shot at it.

as it stands right now:

jetattblue has the first dibs

jetech has 2nd..

all pms are answered.

sdk1968

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Oct 19, 2016
Ohio
seems fastenal shipping has suddenly went to shit.....

thats a bummer.

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
seems fastenal shipping has suddenly went to shit.....

thats a bummer.
That was my impression also. They had so many requirements as to the construction of the pallet, materials, and NO help from them at all, I got the feeling they really didn't want to ship my stuff.

sdk1968

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Oct 19, 2016
Ohio
yeah fastenal has totally crapped the bag on shipping ot either of the guys who were interested in this thread...

im absolutely NOT going to ship something in a way that makes it more expensive for the Members here than they could buy it outright.

gonna go put it up on CL as pick up only.

anyone who is close enough to come get it or meet me within an hour or so?

NO PROBLEM!! will help ya out.

thanks

sk

Jetech

Equipment
B2601
Feb 13, 2018
Iowa
Just wanted to let everyone know how hard you tried to find reasonable shipping. Thank you for the time you put in this.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Shipping rates and requirements have went up across the board.

Tell me exactly what requirements did they require that were over the top? :confused:

rkidd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, FEL With QA 60"mmm, 3pt FDR1672,homemade ballast box, BB 1572 box scraper
Dec 7, 2015
Jefferson Ohio
Shipping rates and requirements have went up across the board.

Tell me exactly what requirements did they require that were over the top? :confused:
Hi NIW. cant tell you about the shipping rates, butttttt, sdk1968 bought my brushog I completely rebuilt. He said he uses fastenal to ship and asked if I would ship it that way. I told him I have never done that but would check it out. Didnt realize Fastenal shipping was the same as! the Fastenal stores that I have one 8 miles away. Called the number for the shipping that my local store gave me, waited 2 days and no call back. Called my local store back and they gave me another number I called, pretty sure the supervisor for shipping at least got a rate, and gave me the same number to call that never called back. Also was to go online and fill everything out to get things in motion, which I did. Finally a day later the lady that has never called emailed and called on my order. Now she says she needs a picture of what I am shipping! So I texted her and emailed a picture to make sure she got it so I can get this shipped as sdk1968 has paid me for everything and we need to complete this transaction! I did this last Wednesday, and their cover letter said I would get my paper work in 1 business day which should have been last Friday. It is now Monday and I checked all my email and my text when I got home from the Kubota dealer delivering tractors, and still no response from Fastenal! Wow. Some one is definitely not doing their job! Sooo, got with skd1968 and we are going to meet halfway and deliver the brush hog. On a good note, it will be good to meet a member, and talk tractors and impliments!!

sdk1968

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Oct 19, 2016
Ohio
Just wanted to let everyone know how hard you tried to find reasonable shipping. Thank you for the time you put in this.

Thnx bud. We gave it the effort.

Miwm, in the end they were too high & too slow along with just being unhelpful this time.

Totally surprised as they been shipping quik & cheap for me.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I just got voicemail when I called for answers... typical... I know they are split up into different locations, so a few calls might be needed, but I'm going to get some answers if I can.
I can't promote something that's leaving people flat on there face trying to get things done. :eek:

Last edited:

sdk1968

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Oct 19, 2016
Ohio
think something has changed in how they operate,

because last time i shipped with them? i dropped off a pallet with engine on it at my local fastenal & my counter guy had already taken care of getting my quote for me & all i did was pay for it, drop it & it was a done deal.

this have someone else take a few days to not get back to you & then need a picture & then not get back to you again?

then a higher than fed/ex rate too? that was new as well.

remember: Rkidd was trying to send something to me..

& i was also inquiring to send something to someone else, so its not just a 1 time strange occurrence.

then again we are in relatively the same zone, so it probably was the same woman for both of us.

its not a "big" deal, none of us is out any money.

just didnt work out for any of us involved after me & several others saying it was the way to ship orange stuff.

will give them another shot with something in the future im at some point.

in the meantime: 42" hog for sale! if you are a Member here & want it i will go up to about an hour to deliver it for free.. after that its a by the mile charge.

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
in the meantime: 42" hog for sale! if you are a Member here & want it i will go up to about an hour to deliver it for free..
Well, if you drove really, really fast...:D

jetattblue

Equipment
BX1800; L2550
Mar 14, 2018
Arlington, TX
Let me just say that I was interested in purchasing this rotary mower. The seller called to find shipping and very graciously informed me that I could probably buy it cheaper direct given the very high shipping cost. I really appreciate that honesty! Good luck with the sale and sorry it didn't work out.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Talked with fastenal.
They have experienced double digit growth and are basically overloaded.
and ay shipment that is greater than pallet size shipments are difficult to fit in.
They did note that's no excuse for not returning quotes in a timely manner.
They are working on improving is all aspects! ;)

coachgeo

Equipment
L225 w/woods Few Mowers & Back Blade, D722 in Motorcycle (Triumph Tiger), LMTV
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH
if your not in a hurry.... use Uship? give it time to be bid out.

007kubotaguy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B7100DT L245DT JD 2355
Dec 23, 2012
Herald Calif.
I use Fastenal on a very regular basis. I get quotes in timely manner normally 4 to 6 hours. I do online. I find their rates extremely reasonable and their service excellent. I'm preparing a Kubota transmission now to ship From California to North Carolina. $200. my brother just moved from California to northern Idaho. Fastenal shipped 6 pallets of his shop tools. Cheaper than anyone else could do it. PS he's your neighbor North Idaho Wolf Man. Lance