B748a snowcaster for sale complete

kubotasan

Aug 12, 2011
Iowa, US
Just like the title says. I sold a B748B here two years ago, the one I have at home is even nicer than the previous. The model number uses an "A", but when I had these both in my shop, I saw no discernible differences of any kind. What I have for sale is the complete unit. This includes: The main snowcaster, the brackets to attach it to the front of the Kubota, the hydraulic block that goes on the side of the tractor, the hydraulic hoses (brand new, never seen a winter yet), the hydraulic "up and down" lever.

As it sits, a complete unit in spectacular condition, I'd like best offer on it. I have hardly ever used this unit, it's in GREAT shape for it's age. The scraper blade is brand new, I only used it while testing the unit, so it might have a couple of scratches. The inside of the chute has always been coated for better snow casting, and so that there is no rust inside.
Shipping, if needed, will be entirely up to the buyer. I will help someone load it if needed, but this time of year I'm so busy at work, I cannot deliver unless you are close by.

Last edited:

visora

May 7, 2013
salem, wi. usa
Could you tell me if the hyd hoses connect to these locations on my tractor. I have a 1979 B7100D Serial B7001-61380. Engine model D750A serial 76187.
Is there anything else I need to make you blower work. I only use the 3pt on my tractor and it did not come with any midmount or front attachments. I have no mid pto. Click on link below for pictures. It says it is deleted but it is not. The picutres will show up on photobucket. One plug is by the valve that moves 180 degrees. The other is between the gear shift and the rear pto speed shifter.
Thanks

Last edited:

kubotasan

Aug 12, 2011
Iowa, US
Could you tell me if the hyd hoses connect to these locations on my tractor. I have a 1979 B7100D Serial B7001-61380. Engine model D750A serial 76187.
Is there anything else I need to make you blower work. I only use the 3pt on my tractor and it did not come with any midmount or front attachments. I have no mid pto. Click on link below for pictures. It says it is deleted but it is not. The picutres will show up on photobucket. One plug is by the valve that moves 180 degrees. The other is between the gear shift and the rear pto speed shifter.
Thanks

You are actually looking in the wrong area for the hydraulic hookup. It is on the right side (if you were sitting in the seat) about halfway up the frame...It's a rectangular "Box." If yours didn't come with hydraulics originally, it'll just be a flat square "box." You have to purchase an adapter plate for it, which runs roughly 80 dollars, and I saw someone else on here selling recently. Other than that, I have 100% of what you need to run it. It is belt driven off of the front PTO assembly (included), and that's all there really is to it. The hydraulics lift it up and down, and the hydraulic lift cylinder and "up/down" handle are included in my sale.

visora

May 7, 2013
salem, wi. usa
The only box I see is the hyd. pump itself. Its attached to the fuel pump. The steel lines at this pump operate my 3pt rear implements. I do not see any other box halfway up the frame. I thought the ports I posted in my pics are for adding front implements. My manual states:

WHEN A HYDRAULICALLY OPERATED IMPLEMENT IS CONNETCED TO THE TRACTOR, OIL FLOW CAN BE SWITCHED TO THE CONTROL VALVE ON THE IMPLEMENT BY MEANS OF THE GRIP ON THE DIRECTIONAL CONTROL VALVE ASSEMBLY.
1. WITH THE ARROW IN THE GRIP IN THE POSITION SHOWN IN THE FIGURE , OIL FLOWS INTO THE CYLINDER IN THE TRACTOR.

2. TO PERMIT OIL TO FLOW INTO THE CONTROL VALVE ON THE IMPLEMENT:

(1) REMOVE THE PLUG FROM THE DIRECTIONAL CONTROL VALVE ASSEMBLY AND CONNECT THE HOSE FROM THE IMPLEMENT TO THE ASSEMBLY (SCREW;PS1/2).
(2) REMOVE THE PLUG FROM THE CASE FRONT COVER, AND CONNECT THE RETURN HOSE FROM THE IMPLEMENT TO THE COVER( SCREW:pF1/2).

(3) MOVE THE CONTROL LEVER ON THE TRACTOR BACKWARDS, AND TURN THE GRIP ON THE DIRECTIONAL CONTROL VALVE ASSEMBLY BY 180 DEGREES. OIL WILL THEN FLOW INTO THE CONTROL VALVE ON THE IMPLEMENT.

If you like I can send more pics. I was planning on using my rear blade and your blower at the same time. I may have to turn the above mentioned control valve to operate only one thing at a time perhaps. That is not a big deal compared to not having a blower at all. I can call a dealer and ask about all this. I tried taking more pics of my hyd. pump and the steel lines that go under the seat to run the control lever for the rear lift arms but they turned out to dark to post tonight.

kubotasan

Aug 12, 2011
Iowa, US
The only box I see is the hyd. pump itself. Its attached to the fuel pump. The steel lines at this pump operate my 3pt rear implements. I do not see any other box halfway up the frame. I thought the ports I posted in my pics are for adding front implements. My manual states:

WHEN A HYDRAULICALLY OPERATED IMPLEMENT IS CONNETCED TO THE TRACTOR, OIL FLOW CAN BE SWITCHED TO THE CONTROL VALVE ON THE IMPLEMENT BY MEANS OF THE GRIP ON THE DIRECTIONAL CONTROL VALVE ASSEMBLY.
1. WITH THE ARROW IN THE GRIP IN THE POSITION SHOWN IN THE FIGURE , OIL FLOWS INTO THE CYLINDER IN THE TRACTOR.

2. TO PERMIT OIL TO FLOW INTO THE CONTROL VALVE ON THE IMPLEMENT:

(1) REMOVE THE PLUG FROM THE DIRECTIONAL CONTROL VALVE ASSEMBLY AND CONNECT THE HOSE FROM THE IMPLEMENT TO THE ASSEMBLY (SCREW;PS1/2).
(2) REMOVE THE PLUG FROM THE CASE FRONT COVER, AND CONNECT THE RETURN HOSE FROM THE IMPLEMENT TO THE COVER( SCREW:pF1/2).

(3) MOVE THE CONTROL LEVER ON THE TRACTOR BACKWARDS, AND TURN THE GRIP ON THE DIRECTIONAL CONTROL VALVE ASSEMBLY BY 180 DEGREES. OIL WILL THEN FLOW INTO THE CONTROL VALVE ON THE IMPLEMENT.

If you like I can send more pics. I was planning on using my rear blade and your blower at the same time. I may have to turn the above mentioned control valve to operate only one thing at a time perhaps. That is not a big deal compared to not having a blower at all. I can call a dealer and ask about all this. I tried taking more pics of my hyd. pump and the steel lines that go under the seat to run the control lever for the rear lift arms but they turned out to dark to post tonight.
Ah, I have heard of people using what you describe as well. I guess in my case, I use the "control valve" you speak of. They make a new "cover" assembly with 2 ports on it...It's a simple remove-a-few-screws-and-replace. I should probably just take pictures. Your way will work just fine as well. All you need is the hookups to go to the control handle and out to the lift cylinder. Like I said, it can work both ways. I have used more than 1 implement at one time, which is probably why I got the auxiliary block that attaches to the hydraulic control unit rather than hooking mine up any other way. I actually leave mine hooked up year 'round. I just remove the snowcaster itself, while leaving the mount, the cylinder, and all hydraulics hooked up. It makes for any easy transition when winter comes.

visora

May 7, 2013
salem, wi. usa
http://s1285.photobucket.com/user/visora/library/hyd%20ports?sort=3&page=1

I called the a Kubota dealer in Ill. The service dept. recommended I just buy a newer tractor with a blower already included. He said he can't find the block you are talking about. My other problem is that if I try to use my diverter valve I think I will be closing off my hyd. pressure to the rear. My valves leak a bit and my blade will not stay in the up position for long, so it will fall and drag until I raise it back up again. I have uploaded more pics so you can see what I have. These are all on the right side of the tractor as you are sitting on it. The dealer told me the block you are talking about should be by the rpm lever for the rear pto. You can see it in my pic but it is on the left side. So I guess I am a bit confused. To be perfectly honest I am almost ready to buy a whole tractor with a blower.

Last edited:

Big Kahuna

Equipment
Kubota 2000 L3010 HST with Loader ,1992 B7100HST , 1979 B6100E & 2007 F2880
Dec 23, 2011
Homer City, Pa.
You need a hydrualic tap block adapter
Part # 70070-00385 $73.26 U.S. price
Makes it real easy to run other equipment.

Big Kahuna

visora

May 7, 2013
salem, wi. usa
In the very first pic on photobucket there is a plate of sorts by the brake pedals. Is this where the hoses and bloc are supposed to go? Not knowing how to hook this up and a dealer who tells me I need a new tractor is not going to make me visit Iowa. There is another dealer I used to visit about 60 miles from my house. i don't visit him any more since I paid him $200 to fix my non starting tractor and when I got it home it still did not start. I fixed it myself with a new $10 battery ground cable. The dealer also told me I needed a $2000 engine rebuild. That was about 10 years ago and I have done nothing to my tractor since my $10 fix. My tractor still starts and runs fine.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
visora,
The block that Big Kahuna points out would only work if your tractor had the needed female junction block on the tractor already, by the pictures it doesn't look like you have one on yours. Here is a picture of mine and it shows what it looks like and where it's located.
If yours doesn't have the block you have 2 options,
Option 1: Cut the pressure line and put fittings on that line to be able to tap into the pump pressure, this will allow the 3 point to also work at the same time.
Option 2 : Tap into the bypass valve and make a return line too, this will not allow you to use the 3 point at the same time.

Here is the block, rectangle with 4 bolts on the cover.
B7100 Hyd Block.jpg

B7100 Hyd block 2.jpg

kubotasan

Aug 12, 2011
Iowa, US
The junction block is what I'm talking about. There are various ways to install the hydraulics, that's just the one I chose. If you decide you want to come here and get it, I'm sure I can make it worth your while.

Last edited:

flynavy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B7100 HST-D w/FEL,654 Whel Hrs w/blade, 2654 Hsqv mowr, 28h Cfstm snowblower&cab
May 1, 2014
Laurel Springs, NJ
Someone asked where the snowcaster was located...? I must have missed the location, because I didn't see a reply as to location..

coachgeo

Equipment
L225 w/woods Few Mowers & Back Blade, D722 in Motorcycle (Triumph Tiger), LMTV
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH
do you still have the snowcaster for sale?
This thread is 3 years old.... seller has not been here since 2015. If you want to pursue this suggest you attempt thru his email address if he included it as a contact means when he registered

Smagner234

Equipment
Kubota B5100DT FEL, B36 Tiller, 44" Mdi Mower, Front snowblower
Aug 15, 2016
Ct USA
Hi I have a k648 snow caster which is identical to the k748 if your interested and I live in Ct as well. Send me a private message if your interested.