L1801

rinbond

Apr 4, 2009
australia
Hi all,i have a 2 cyl L1801 AND NEED TO KNOW IF ANY ONE HAS ANY INFO ON WHY THE 3 POINT LINKAGE WILL NOT RAISE WHEN ACTIVATED,THE FEL LIFTS ALL OK.NEXT TO THE GEARSTIK IS A LOCK VALVE THAT I LEAVE OPEN BUT JUST BELOW THAT IS A CAP THAT UNSCREW THAT LOOKS VERY EMPTY.HOW MUCH HYD OIL GOES IN AND WHAT GRADE NEEDED. ALSO HOW OFTEN SHOULD AN ENGINE OIL CHANGE BE DONE AND DIESAL FILTERS?

MANY THANKS FOR ANY ADVICE,CHEERS TIM

Michael

Equipment
Zen Noh ZL1801 Sadly I sold it and a T1400 lawn tractor
Mar 11, 2009
Sedro Woolley, Washington USA
OK you found the fill plug on the top of the transmission, The way these transmissions are filled is there is a level plug on the left side of the transmission about 1/2 way up the side (the left side is as if you are facing towards the front of the tractor) that is next to the clutch pedal. You take out the level plug and fill the the transmission from the top fill plug until fluid comes out the level plug and you are then full.

Slow operation and no operation of the FEL and the 3 point can also be caused by a plugged filter screen. The screen is located on the lower left side of the transmission and is held in with 3 bolts. When I did I did my change of transmission fluid I removed the screen and it was filled with crud. I clean the screen and replaced the o-ring. (I got the new o-ring at the Kubota dealer and told him I had a L185) There are other things that cause the 3 point to not operate and I will let Vic give you more ideas.

The fluid used is KUbota UDT at least that is what Kubota uses.

rinbond

Apr 4, 2009
australia
re 1801

OK you found the fill plug on the top of the transmission, The way these transmissions are filled is there is a level plug on the left side of the transmission about 1/2 way up the side (the left side is as if you are facing towards the front of the tractor) that is next to the clutch pedal. You take out the level plug and fill the the transmission from the top fill plug until fluid comes out the level plug and you are then full.

Slow operation and no operation of the FEL and the 3 point can also be caused by a plugged filter screen. The screen is located on the lower left side of the transmission and is held in with 3 bolts. When I did I did my change of transmission fluid I removed the screen and it was filled with crud. I clean the screen and replaced the o-ring. (I got the new o-ring at the Kubota dealer and told him I had a L185) There are other things that cause the 3 point to not operate and I will let Vic give you more ideas.

The fluid used is KUbota UDT at least that is what Kubota uses.
thanks micheal for info,well appreciated

Michael

Equipment
Zen Noh ZL1801 Sadly I sold it and a T1400 lawn tractor
Mar 11, 2009
Sedro Woolley, Washington USA
Oh yea one other thing I used diesel fuel to clean the filter screen. When you remove the filter screen it is best to take the hose off and then remove the filter screen and the fitting at the same time. They are tight fitting and you will have to fight with it to get it off. Sometimes you do damage the screen removing it and you might also get a new screen when you get the o-ring. and then you can just skip the cleaning part. The screen is the same as the ones used on L185.

What I did when I removed my was wrap it in a rag and used a channel lock pliers to get it to start turning then you can pull it out.

When I put it back together I smeared some UDT fluid on the o-ring and it slid in nice and easy and then tightened the bolts.