Code P-0191

ohnemusbeef

Equipment
2017 Kubota M Series
Mar 4, 2019
Lacona Iowa USA
Kubota M series, one year old, has new fuel filter and water sep filter just changed. Curious what do others run for fuel or do they just park it until spring? It's only -10F. Thoughts are the fuel is jelling. Thanks David

eserv

Equipment
BX24, A1000 Kubota Generator
May 27, 2009
Hardisty, Alberta
Kubota M series, one year old, has new fuel filter and water sep filter just changed. Curious what do others run for fuel or do they just park it until spring? It's only -10F. Thoughts are the fuel is jelling. Thanks David
What model M tractor. They are working just fine up here in Alberta at 30 below and lower!

eserv

Equipment
May 27, 2009
Hardisty, Alberta
Kubota Model # M6/141
could be the fuel Im getting at Co-0p

What do you run for fuel?
The fuel suppliers here adjust the blend for the season so if you are running fuel in the winter that you bought last July you WILL have gelling problems. Kubota ( And all other manufacturers) Recommend against any fuel additives In engines with a DPF and urea emission control system.

ohnemusbeef

Equipment
2017 Kubota M Series
Mar 4, 2019
Lacona Iowa USA
Are you running a bio-diesel and what brand? I will call the co-op fuel manager. We might be the only Kubota buying from this Co-op and therefore no one else has reported problems.

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
Does the tractor start and run? Are you getting the code after changing the filters or was it there before?

eserv

Equipment
May 27, 2009
Hardisty, Alberta
Are you running a bio-diesel and what brand? I will call the co-op fuel manager. We might be the only Kubota buying from this Co-op and therefore no one else has reported problems.
I doubt our fuel here come from anywhere near the same source as yours does.
Biodiesel isn't an approved fuel for Kubota's in Canada.

Jim L.

Jun 18, 2014
Texas
Kubota has a biodiesel statement posted on its website.

Even with a blend of B5 biodiesel, there are concerns with cold weather.

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
The fuel suppliers here adjust the blend for the season so if you are running fuel in the winter that you bought last July you WILL have gelling problems. Kubota ( And all other manufacturers) Recommend against any fuel additives In engines with a DPF and urea emission control system.
Eserv, is the key word in that statement dpf AND urea emission control???? I had not heard that for my L3560 with only a dpf filter, and the manual suggests adding cetane boosting additives if needed. Also my dealer handed me a bottle of a Kubota fuel treatment that has anti gel properties, which I have been using. I wondered about its effect on the dpf filter, and because of the design of the fuel tanks (divided) it is hard to get even mixing if you put a whole dose in all at once. I believe the exhaust smells different when first added, so I can imagine it might affect the dpf.

eserv

Equipment
May 27, 2009
Hardisty, Alberta
Eserv, is the key word in that statement dpf AND urea emission control???? I had not heard that for my L3560 with only a dpf filter, and the manual suggests adding cetane boosting additives if needed. Also my dealer handed me a bottle of a Kubota fuel treatment that has anti gel properties, which I have been using. I wondered about its effect on the dpf filter, and because of the design of the fuel tanks (divided) it is hard to get even mixing if you put a whole dose in all at once. I believe the exhaust smells different when first added, so I can imagine it might affect the dpf.
Kubota Engines are designed to run on low sulphur diesel fuel and shouldn't need any additives in North America. Anything you add to the fuel will have to pass through the DPF and likely contribute to earlier than optimal need for mechanical cleaning. You do gotta do what you gotta do though if you run into gelling or other problems! I certainly recommend that you add nothing to the fuel unless you are trying to fix something. It is the DPF that is sensitive, the Urea part just injects into the exhaust to reduce NOx . It in itself doesn't care what is in the fuel.

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
I realize this post may not be helpful in this thread.... but when I read these topics that involve Tier/Emission issues.... it gladdens my heart that I found/bought a low-time pre-Tier/Emission tractor. :)
I hope my great-great-grandsons still operate it when I'm not even known by them. :)

eserv

Equipment
May 27, 2009
Hardisty, Alberta
I realize this post may not be helpful in this thread.... but when I read these topics that involve Tier/Emission issues.... it gladdens my heart that I found/bought a low-time pre-Tier/Emission tractor. :)
I hope my great-great-grandsons still operate it when I'm not even known by them. :)
Well..... believe what you will, but the whole purpose of Tier group Emission standards is so your and my great-great-grandchildren will have a nice place to live. Your descendants will likely be farming with electric tractors anyway.