What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

doublebass73

Equipment
L2501F, 68" Pull Type Snowblower, Spreader, Dirt Scoop
Oct 7, 2020
NH
That reminds me so much of the small tractors I put hundreds of hours on as a kid and young man. 2WD, R1’s, no loader, no backhoe, gear drive, work lights on the back. Just the 3 point and PTO to get work done (and you can get a LOT of work done with just those two). The ROPS throws it off a little but they definitely need to stay. Yours is a lot shinier and prettier, though.

Last year my father saw mine after I’d been mowing a flat field with a bunch of little trees in it. Loader removed, ROPS down. He said, “Wow. It actually looks like a tractor.” Kind of my reaction to seeing yours. Very nice.
Thanks! Before I bought this tractor I was running a '39 Ford 9N so I was very old school. I was happy to discover that Kubota makes an L2501F that is essentially a modern day N series Ford because it's all I really need for my property. Just a basic, no frills 2WD tractor. I even run a 3 point hitch, pull type snowblower with it and it does fantastic.

Attachments

Reactions: 6 users

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Went out to the farm today and final had a perfect day to burn most of the brush pile.
View attachment 81296

Had to separate the pile out because it was to big to burn all at once. So we made a smaller pile to the side.

View attachment 81297

View attachment 81298

View attachment 81299

The best part of the day wasn't getting the pile burnt, but was having my dad with us at the farm.
View attachment 81300

Dad is currently undergoing radiation treatment for cancer. He has three more weeks of treatments and then he will be complete. The reports have all been coming back positive, but this is the first time in the last seven weeks that he has felt good enough to come and spend the day at the farm with us while we worked. We made sure he stayed supervising, I assigned my wife to watch over him. I think he had a great day being able to boss the grandsons and myself around. It was wonderful having him out there.

View attachment 81302

This is what the pile looks like now. We still have a little more work to go, but it was a very wonderful and productive day.
Great that your dad was there and got out to help and feeling like participating. BUT you have to admit that pile wasn't too big to burn right where it was, you just wanted to play with the grapple !!!!! ;)

Reactions: 1 users

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
No idea. Wife put them up cause her momma told her to. Lol. We shall see.
After having plowed her garden for her…. Take one of those pie-pans down and hand it to her and say, “Fill it! (please?)” :p

Last edited:

johnjk

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B3200 w/loader, Woods RC5 brush hog, 4' box blade, tooth bar, B1700 MMM,
Apr 13, 2017
West Mansfield, OH
Use the B1700 to mow and move the chicken tractor

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Not sure if this counts but I met up with a guy this afternoon who wanted to buy the front wheels and tires that came off the M6060. I put an add on Craigslist a few days ago asking $900 and he bought them for $800. He has an older M8560 and has calcium chloride in the front tires, and the steel wheels have rotted out. He asked me for the bolt pattern, the center hole diameter and the outside diameter of the tire which I was happy to provide. I even texted him a sketch to avoid any confusion.

wheel_sketch_2.jpg

The ugraded 320/85R20 R1 front wheels/tires on the M6060 cost me $1,549 from the dealer so I got a little over half of that back and he seemed like a good guy. After Thursday's Craigslist debacle it was good to have this go so well and find a good home for these wheels.

m6060_front_wheels_01.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users

Chanceywd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501DT BH77 VIRNIG URG60-CT 1950 8N
Mar 26, 2021
central ny
Thanks! Before I bought this tractor I was running a '39 Ford 9N so I was very old school. I was happy to discover that Kubota makes an L2501F that is essentially a modern day N series Ford because it's all I really need for my property. Just a basic, no frills 2WD tractor. I even run a 3 point hitch, pull type snowblower with it and it does fantastic.
I have been running a 1950 8N like you say for 25 years until last year when i bought the L2501DT for it's similar size. Kept the 8N and it still is the tractor for using in the woods for firewood and doing things when the backhoe is on the kubota. N is still my snow plow tractor too.

Bill

Reactions: 1 user

ACDII

Equipment
B2410, L352 Loader, Woods BH70-X backhoe
Oct 21, 2021
Illinois
Finally got around to moving the hydrant from the field to the front of the barn. Wish I had a smaller bucket, the 16" on takes too long to trench with, but gets the job done any way. I have about 25' of trench left and locate the water line without breaking it and dig around it enough to get down to it to cut an splice the new line in left to do. It was getting late and one of the lines for the curl cylinder started to leak. Thought a line was going, but turned out the fitting was just loose.

IMG_7658[1].JPG

Reactions: 5 users

lakehouse_dreaming

Equipment
L3901HST, LA525 FEL, RGA1258 tiller, RCR1860 rotary cutter
Nov 2, 2021
Got the EA wicked 55 in on Friday so I got it hooked up and hauled back to the house. My old roommate and now neighbor is putting up a fence in his back yard so the dogs can enjoy it safely so I donated the chain link from my old dog pen (I put in an electric underground fence) and dropped it off with the help of the grapple. Then went out to the horse barn and tilled up the boss ladies riding area which I have neglected for a while and grass was taking over.

Attachments

Reactions: 3 users

doublebass73

Equipment
L2501F, 68" Pull Type Snowblower, Spreader, Dirt Scoop
Oct 7, 2020
NH
I have been running a 1950 8N like you say for 25 years until last year when i bought the L2501DT for it's similar size. Kept the 8N and it still is the tractor for using in the woods for firewood and doing things when the backhoe is on the kubota. N is still my snow plow tractor too.

Bill
It's amazing how many N tractors are still in use after all these years. I see them all the time.

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
Is that on your 6000? Is it the GB70? Thinking of one myself, would like to hear your thought on it.
Yep, it’s the MX, and is the GB70 deluxe. Deluxe means you get the sweeps and furrowing attachment. I would mention My QH20 does not dock to the GB without modification (I think if I find a long enough pin I might be able to make it work, but it is not intended for cat 2 QH…EA told me that when I called to ask them about it pre purchase…they were helpful. I would also mention have a back ho subframe, and the link arms when set to dock to the GB has only about 1/4 a 1/2 inch clearance to the subframe….where I work a mm is a mile, so it’s fine but it’s close in my mind for something that has some sway to it. There were no assembly instructions but its very easily to figure it out. The GB is very well made (heavy gauge material…The welds aren’t very pretty, but it’s fine in my mind. I was really surprised how well the sweeps did…I’ve only ran really large stuff…actual farm stuff for friends, so this is is like a matchbox toy compared to that but it worked well and was fun like playing smash up cars. It was so much easier than hilling potatoes by hand or a wheel ho…in the first pic above I used the wheel ho…the finished pic was after the bedder. We have a clay type soil up here and the bedder was awesome. I sort of wish I had a smaller one now for my B at home (the pics are at our other place). But for money I can put it in the truck or on a trailer. It’s not something I want to lift into a truck by myself though…it’s not thin material. I would likely need to adjust the sweeps to put on a smaller machine. I am not sure my B would lift it high enough either to drive around, but maybe it would be fine? Next year I would plan to use the furrowing attachment to leave the furrow for planting…tractor was out of commission from an oops the day we planted so I used the wheel hoe for the furrow and to cover the cover the potatos. Overall I am very pleased. Compared to doing by hand or with a wheel ho it’s really helpful. A wheel how could in no way make as wide or as tall of a hill. There is no comparison there. I set the sweeps so that they are dead center of the tire track. I think with an Mx a GB60 would be fine however you would lose some adjustment room. I think the 70 is correct for a 6 ft wide tractor and the sweeps can swivel in or out if you so choose. With a 60 if you wanted to make a wider bed I think you could run out of room maybe? But I am not sure. I did not adjust the discs beyond my set up as they did what I wanted to do but that would sort of be the question I think is how wide and how to configure the discs for a raised bed….I did not try so I can’t say…I do know that I pushed the 3pt down to far in one pass and covered up more than I wanted. It would do great to create any sort of raised beds I think. It’s just trial an error. If you have any questions or want any measurements let me know. I hope this helps.

Last edited:

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Finally got around to moving the hydrant from the field to the front of the barn. Wish I had a smaller bucket, the 16" on takes too long to trench with, but gets the job done any way. I have about 25' of trench left and locate the water line without breaking it and dig around it enough to get down to it to cut an splice the new line in left to do. It was getting late and one of the lines for the curl cylinder started to leak. Thought a line was going, but turned out the fitting was just loose.

View attachment 81388
A smaller bucket is not always good.
I would certainly like a 12" bucket, but my thumb pivot measures 14" wide at the dipperstick/bucket connect when it goes 2' below the surface.
Not a suitable depth for water lines.
I have a 24" bucket now, but am looking for a 16".
I could dig only about 2' deep with a 12" bucket, before the thumb mount would continually chafe the side of the trench, stuffing excessive sandy grit into it's pivot points.

Last edited:

pgwisn

Equipment
BX22
Dec 6, 2020
East Coast USA
looks very well made, where did you get the mesh, it looks very nice.
The mesh came from Home Depot; it is aluminum, decorative grill material. The Z-channel was a spare piece from joining air duct for the addition, and the rubber was a strip of leftover EPDM roofing from the sloped roof I put on the same addition.

Matt Ellerbee

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX6000
Jun 27, 2019
Canton, Georgia
Yep, it’s the MX, and is the GB70 deluxe. Deluxe means you get the sweeps and furrowing attachment. I would mention My QH20 does not dock to the GB without modification (I think if I find a long enough pin I might be able to make it work, but it is not intended for cat 2 QH…EA told me that when I called to ask them about it pre purchase…they were helpful. I would also mention have a back ho subframe, and the link arms when set to dock to the GB has only about 1/4 a 1/2 inch clearance to the subframe….where I work a mm is a mile, so it’s fine but it’s close in my mind for something that has some sway to it. There were no assembly instructions but its very easily to figure it out. The GB is very well made (heavy gauge material…The welds aren’t very pretty, but it’s fine in my mind. I was really surprised how well the sweeps did…I’ve only ran really large stuff…actual farm stuff for friends, so this is is like a matchbox toy compared to that but it worked well and was fun like playing smash up cars. It was so much easier than hilling potatoes by hand or a wheel ho…in the first pic above I used the wheel ho…the finished pic was after the bedder. We have a clay type soil up here and the bedder was awesome. I sort of wish I had a smaller one now for my B at home (the pics are at our other place). But for money I can put it in the truck or on a trailer. It’s not something I want to lift into a truck by myself though…it’s not thin material. I would likely need to adjust the sweeps to put on a smaller machine. I am not sure my B would lift it high enough either to drive around, but maybe it would be fine? Next year I would plan to use the furrowing attachment to leave the furrow for planting…tractor was out of commission from an oops the day we planted so I used the wheel hoe for the furrow and to cover the cover the potatos. Overall I am very pleased. Compared to doing by hand or with a wheel ho it’s really helpful. A wheel how could in no way make as wide or as tall of a hill. There is no comparison there. I set the sweeps so that they are dead center of the tire track. I think with an Mx a GB60 would be fine however you would lose some adjustment room. I think the 70 is correct for a 6 ft wide tractor and the sweeps can swivel in or out if you so choose. With a 60 if you wanted to make a wider bed I think you could run out of room maybe? But I am not sure. I did not adjust the discs beyond my set up as they did what I wanted to do but that would sort of be the question I think is how wide and how to configure the discs for a raised bed….I did not try so I can’t say…I do know that I pushed the 3pt down to far in one pass and covered up more than I wanted. It would do great to create any sort of raised beds I think. It’s just trial an error. If you have any questions or want any measurements let me know. I hope this helps.
Very helpful. So if I order the GB70 deluxe, I don’t have to add the optional furrow attachment, it comes with? I don’t think I’ll be using the disc hillers that much, unless they make it easier planting. This will be for next year as we have already got everything planted this time around.

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
Very helpful. So if I order the GB70 deluxe, I don’t have to add the optional furrow attachment, it comes with? I don’t think I’ll be using the disc hillers that much, unless they make it easier planting. This will be for next year as we have already got everything planted this time around.
Mine came with the furrow for the center, 2 sweeps and 2 discs. I don’t mean to pry, but if not using the discs what would be the main use of the bedder? If Just for the furrow…I think a potato plow or middle buster or a simple attachment to go in a 2” hitch to make the furrow might be a lot cheaper. Or maybe you have some use for the sweeps? If you don’t need the discs I’d ask them (EA) if they would keep and reduce the price. It’s not cheap and neither are the discs. If you are wanting a raised bed I think the discs would help with that. After I hill again in a couple weeks I will decide I want to add another set of discs…I suspect I f I want a wider raised bed that is what I will need to do to move more soil. I think the discs would be very helpful to cover the furrow. Anyways I was just curious.

Matt Ellerbee

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX6000
Jun 27, 2019
Canton, Georgia
Mine came with the furrow for the center, 2 sweeps and 2 discs. I don’t mean to pry, but if not using the discs what would be the main use of the bedder? If Just for the furrow…I think a potato plow or middle buster or a simple attachment to go in a 2” hitch to make the furrow might be a lot cheaper. Or maybe you have some use for the sweeps? If you don’t need the discs I’d ask them (EA) if they would keep and reduce the price. It’s not cheap and neither are the discs. If you are wanting a raised bed I think the discs would help with that. After I hill again in a couple weeks I will decide I want to add another set of discs…I suspect I f I want a wider raised bed that is what I will need to do to move more soil. I think the discs would be very helpful to cover the furrow. Anyways I was just curious.
No idea! This is what I made the rows with then removed the furrow shovel to clean up weeds later.
890826F3-E562-4368-B52C-CCD506354D48.jpeg

This is the FIL’s attachment and older than the dirt it’s plowing. Wanting something of my own that will work with my pats and euro ball hydro top link. Just trying to pick the best implement. Either the GB70, 110 cultivator or a Fred Cain 11 shank plow are in the running. I have a set of disc coming also. I don’t mind removing something for weed clean up once rows are established.

Reactions: 1 users