What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

B7100

Equipment
B7100,B7100 with Backhoe and FEL, Goldoni Quad 20
Feb 11, 2010
Wales
Used the Fel on the B7100 to lift the Perkins AD3 152 lump out of my MF 135 ready for a full rebuild,handled it with ease:D
Dave

Attachments

Last edited:

TripleR

Equipment
BX2200, BX2660, L5740 HSTC, M8540HDC and some other tractors and equipment
Sep 16, 2011
SE Missouri
Tried to do some dirt work, but the ground was to harf and dry, so I leveled driveways and roads; need some rain bad.

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
John Deere 790 John Deere 310 backhoe Bobcat 743
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
Tried to do some dirt work, but the ground was to harf and dry, so I leveled driveways and roads; need some rain bad.
It is raining here. It started yesterday afternoon, real gentle, and has gone all night and all this morning. I had to mow, though, so I went ahead and spent some time on the Kubota. It never ceases to amaze me how fine a piece of machinery it is...

Profnohair

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1500, 42" bh, box blade, G6200HST, Mahindra 450 with BH, FEL, etc.
Finally got to mow two acres with the new to me G6200H. Tried last week but the fan belt broke before I even started. Replaced that belt and proceeded to try it out on my house lawn. Got ninety percent finished when both PTO belts
disintegrated. Went to the dealer to get new ones. I was advised that there were two part numbers available. One was a single belt (you actually need a matched pair so I don't quite understand this one) of which you need 2 that are made in Japan for $49.95 EACH! And the other is a matched pair that are made in USA for $29.95 but they were out of them. I elected to wait for the matched pair and used the belts from my parts machine to do the two acres. When I was finished the two manicured acres I got cocky and tried to use it to cut some taller grass that I usually use the bush hog to cut. Lasted about 20 feet until both of the belts came off of the PTO pulleys. I actually think these two belts were too big in the first place. It is too much of a pain to re-install them at the property so I took it back home to do it. I believe they were not OEM belts that were on the parts machine. But overall I am totally satisfied with the quality of the cut that this 23 or so year old machine and they way it runs.

p.s. I forgot to mention that these belts are only about 2 feet long if cut and laid out flat.

Last edited:

Frank Peters

Equipment
Mower Bx 2360
Jul 27, 2012
Moe Victoria Australia
Hi all,

last Sunday we went to local nursery just to kill the time and to see what is new and possibly get same replacement for our nectarine tree 25 years old. We come cross a beautiful 8' tree call Fantasia nectarine and it was hard to resist, so after some straggle it fitted in my 4x4. Today I took my Kubota B24 with backhoe and dig the old tree out in 5 minutes. Then took Bx 2360 and hook the trailer to get more top soil, this time I only used shovel for good exercise, took 20 min. Then dug new hole next to the old one with B24 and planted that beautiful nectarine. Then water the tree and add on some compost and fertilizer. Kubotas run like a clock and job was finished in 2 hours. It is a good feeling if all the machinery works without a hitch. (not always) I thought I share my good day with Kubotas with you. Regards Frank.

ecook280

Equipment
Kubota B8200HSTD
May 1, 2012
Ohio
Went to tractor supply and spent some money..... picked up a 5' box scraper and a 3 point post hole digger with a 9" auger, got home and used the FEL on the Bota to unload them and put them away, hope to get the post hole digger mounted in the next few days and start drilling some holes for about 100' of fence I need to install, been putting it off since I didnt have the post hole digger... no more excuses now I guess lol

gurn

Equipment
Kubota L175
Apr 15, 2011
Nashville,Tn
Went to tractor supply and spent some money..... picked up a 5' box scraper and a 3 point post hole digger with a 9" auger, got home and used the FEL on the Bota to unload them and put them away, hope to get the post hole digger mounted in the next few days and start drilling some holes for about 100' of fence I need to install, been putting it off since I didnt have the post hole digger... no more excuses now I guess lol
Did you get r done?

4x4

Equipment
'01 M6800, '99 Dodge Cummins, 20' Big Tex
Jul 3, 2012
Texas
Mowed weeds for about 6 hours. Still got a lot to do. . .
Also cleaned the radiator and evaporator as best as I could without taking it out. That dust is killer. . .

Frank Peters

Equipment
Mower Bx 2360
Jul 27, 2012
Moe Victoria Australia
Hi all,
today is Saturday and I have to prune my fruit trees before they start to flower. My Kubota is a perfect vehicle to hook trailer to and not to mark my soggy ground. We have done 3 loads and two more to go tomorrow. Then to spray to protect trees from fungus and other bad stuff. It has been really wet winter in Victoria, Australia and I am glad I have 4 wheel drive Kubota to get where I have to go. I am looking forward to spring to see the benefit of my cutting to rejuvenate the trees. Regards Frank

ecook280

Equipment
Kubota B8200HSTD
May 1, 2012
Ohio
Drilled 12 post holes over the weekened for the new fence, only broke 1 shear bolt but did get it stuck a few times, the 3 point hydraulics just didnt have enough power to pull it out without rocking the tractor a little, then it popped right out, ground was hard and dry and lots of rocks, I am very happy and impressed by this little old kubota of mine :)

TripleR

Equipment
BX2200, BX2660, L5740 HSTC, M8540HDC and some other tractors and equipment
Sep 16, 2011
SE Missouri
Pushed brush, hauled small trees, bush hogged; will be spraying 80 acres today and moving equipment, later this week tractor maintenance.

Kubota_Man

Equipment
BX24, Rear blade, Front blade, Snowblower, 54" MMM, Box scraper, Landscape rake
Dec 25, 2010
Kellogg, Idaho
Well as I posted on another thread we are in the process of adopting a brother and sister. With that said we had to make two bedrooms in our home where there wasn't. Bedroom 1 was the office and bedroom 2 was the Lovely Wife's craft room. Well 2 rooms of stuff and crap in now in my "Man Cave" aka shop where the kubota sleeps. I now have bearly enough room to think in there. So we are building a "Girl Den" so I can have MY Man Cave back. In the last few days I have scraped and dug the area for ths slab it will sit on and have moved 7 U.S. tons of granite boulders (as soon as I can I will post pictures). I didn't realize how much my FEL will lift and move.

Tom M

Equipment
B2320
Aug 31, 2012
Springfield, Manitoba
My new B2320 with loader, tow behind mower ant tiller was delivered today. I put it to work right away with 2 hours of mowing, 1 hour tilling and picking up some seasoned compost from a neighbors horse paddock.
This is my first tractor, wow, what a hoot
Looking forward to learning much from the members here

ecook280

Equipment
Kubota B8200HSTD
May 1, 2012
Ohio
Drilled the last few post holes, put the box scraper back on, started breaking up sod and digging out the topsoil so I can put down a good base for the stone thats going between the garage and barn.

ecook280

Equipment
Kubota B8200HSTD
May 1, 2012
Ohio
Got in 120 tons of bank run fill over the last 2 days, got it all moved and spread and started leveling it, still need to do some more leveling with the box blade but the rain came in yesterday and ruined that plan, hopefully it dies out over this next week and I can get it done, more rain called for today :(

gurn

Equipment
Kubota L175
Apr 15, 2011
Nashville,Tn
We cut some trees down today and the L175 with the dirt scoop was a great help in moving all the logs and brush. Used her also to tie a pull line to guide the direction of the falls.

Profnohair

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1500, 42" bh, box blade, G6200HST, Mahindra 450 with BH, FEL, etc.
Cut about two acres of grass with the G6200H. Also used it to tow the flooded Snapper riding mower out to the trailer to bring it home to get it running. Sure beat pushing it by hand. Hurricane Isaac flooded 3 mowers. This is the last one I need to get running.

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
Replaced the springs on the clutch and brake pedals and the bonnet hold down springs. Now the pedals return much better! Hopefully the hood will rattle less.

Replaced the steering wheel with one from Weaver's. Found out the seal from Weaver's is different than the bushing, but it appears to be a good seal to keep water from running down the steering shaft if it will work with the bushing. Found the bushing is pretty worn so will order a new one.

Located 9 out of 10 grease Zerks (that had been painted the same color as the rest of the frame - Ford Blue?), removed and replaced 8 of these 9 (one would not come out without more persuasion than I had time for), greased the snot out of all 9, installed some red Zerk covers to make them a little easier to see next time (hopefully these will stay on).

Located the cover on the clutch housing but ran out of time to see if I can get to the Zerk for the throwout bearing in there.

Anyone have any idea where the front pivot grease point is on the L185F?
That is number 10 and I have not seen it yet!

Kubota_Man

Equipment
BX24, Rear blade, Front blade, Snowblower, 54" MMM, Box scraper, Landscape rake
Dec 25, 2010
Kellogg, Idaho
As promised earlier. Here are some pictures. I am building a Girl Den so I can get my Man Cave back. I had to just move a few boulders :D

Tractor 1.jpg Tractor 2.jpg tractor 3.jpg tractor 4.jpg

Last edited: